Just finished this today. Hasegawa kit, Aires pit, Eduard p/e, UltraCast prop, True Details wheels, QuickBoost exhausts. Painted through out with Gunze and weathered with oils etc. I also tried my hand at riveting the airframe for the first time.

Just noticed i've forgot to attach the pitot tube and I may have a go at attaching some sort of canopy restraining wire as well.

I've got a build thread somewhere on here.

I'm not entirely happy with how its turned out, it looks a bit shoddy.

DSC_1487.jpg

DSC_1486.jpg

DSC_1485.jpg

DSC_1484.jpg

DSC_1483.jpg

DSC_1488.jpg

Edited by tank152
  • Like 2

I'm not entirely happy with how its turned out, it looks a bit shoddy.

Yeh... well... we're all our own worst critics! You see shoddy work because you are so close it it. The rest of us only see superbness. (Is that a word? :D )

Highlights for me include the castored tailwheel and the interior structure of the radiator flaps. Add to that the flawless application of the paintwork and the attention to detail - the cowling has obviously been robbed from another aircraft.

Nah... this model deserves two big thumbs up! :thumbsup:

Thats a lovely rendition of this aircraft. If I have one small critism, it's the rudder. The colours should be if I remember from the Monogram profile on the BF 109K, RLM 75 grey & RLM 83 dark green hard edged mottle . Or it could be RLM 81 brown violet & RLM 83 hard edged mottle. Black & white images can be challenging to interpret !

I believe there is still an issue between the greens RLM 82 & 83 to which is dark green & light green ???

Been waiting to see this, and it's been worth it! I can only echo Enzo - we all know the smallest imperfections on our models, but from what I can see, you've absolutely nailed it! Fantastic K-4, really impressive Tim. ;)

• Like 1

Looks spot on to me. Shoddy is probably a good description of how alot of Luftwaffe were looking in 1945 anyway. I shall be attempting this scheme on my Heller 1/72 version sometime.

Andrew

I aspire to your shoddiness Tim, shes an absolute beaut!

Been keeping a look out for your moskito in RFI but dont know if you've taken a break or i have missed it?

Out of interest what paint / technique do you use for the tyres, theyre rubberly :)

So what you bringing to the 109GB then?

Cheer,s Stu

Wow your 'shoddiness' puts my 'best' to shame!

I've always wanted to do a late 109 and this is inspirational.

A question if I may? Is the underside an example of what I have seen referred to as 'German Sky'?

Trevor the very impressed

It looks just as shoddy as a late recycled from many other airframe parts going through

the Augsburg werks "bitsa" 109 should.

Think the only thing I'd have done would be to separate the rudder and bang it over in

"opposite lock" to the tail wheel.

Very nice,I like it a lot.

Really nice 109 you've made there. The machine guns infront of the cockpit, did you just paint them at the end? I ask as I'm building the Tamiya 1/48 Me 109e and was wandering how to best deal with those guns.