Academy 1/48 Bf 109T

Another one from the 190 GB reporting in, this time with the nice Academy 109T. Basically the 109 boxing but with a set of resin wingtips and a modified air filter.

I'm going with the option on the boxtop, of a JG 11 machine with the catching red flashes down the sides. These are provided as decals, but I'll have a crack at spraying them.

Here's the kit...

001-4.jpg

More as it comes...ta for looking!

Doug,

The mouldings are pretty good. Decent cockpit, and a rather nice seat with built in harness and padded cushion. Only negative thing I can say about it is the canopy is one piece. Might do something about changing that. And as to the squiggle camouflage, I'll practice first before trying it on the build itself!

Cheers chaps. Smudge, I haven't seen that publication before. Nice to see a photo of the aircraft I'm building.

The 109T2 is basically the modified airframe, but with things like the arrestor hook, etc, left off. I think the production run was 60, and the variant saw combat in northern Europe and a few being used by nightfighter units too.

Right, I'm off to paint a few bits ;)

• 1 month later...

I've actually done something!

Resin wingtips on, with brass locating pins added to help them fit to the wing. Fit isn't too bad at all.

001-6.jpg

Fuselage together. Just need to insert the cockpit and then attach the wings.

002-5.jpg

Then the fun part....painting! Thanks for looking.

Edited by AndyL

• 5 weeks later...

Took delivery of new paints and 5 litres of IPA to get stuck in. But my compressor has died, so there's no chance of me getting anywhere near finished. Well done to the others who have completed some lovely builds.