BRAND NEW 1/72 737-200 Injection Molded Kit!

Oh, did someone besides Boeing build airplanes back then? :) 'Cause ya know, if it ain't Boeing...

Or to paraphrase a famous beer commercial, "When you're out of Boeings, you're out of airliners."

:argue::fight:

Seriously though, there are no end of great liveries to put this in.

Anyone got room for a couple of thousand...just to get some of the main liveries covered :analintruder:

Edited by garryrussell

+1 for the Olympic Airlines decals!!!

If you proceed in making an Olympic Airlines set of decals to keep separate the olympic circles from the rest of the tail.

This way the builder will be able to make earlier or later versions of the aircraft. Check the images if you want..

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Olympic/Boeing-737-284-Adv/2016472/L/&sid=81ecda18ed481fac391201ad47d7e4d3

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Olympic/Boeing-737-284-Adv/2059903/L/&sid=62d9c0e3ad0dd678feb8bb234bb763c6

I've drawn each and every one of those for my 737 book project, so all the bits are there, I just need to make stripes fit the BPK kit. If/when they are available, they will likely be as laser printed sheets from F-Dcal, so stay tuned for more info...

J

Edited by Jennings Heilig

Further to the discussion above regarding what constitutes a 737-200 Advanced vs. just a plain 737-200. Here's an Iran Air airplane, line number 286, delivered 2 September 1971. She has the wider/deeper engine pylons, but still retains the blow-in doors. That makes her a plain 737-200. She's the earliest line number I can find that left the factory with the new pylons. Line number 276, a 737-230C for Lufthansa definitely left Renton with the early style pylons on 18 February 1971, but later had the Nordam hush kit installed, which included new pylons of the later style. So somewhere between February and September of '71 the new pylons were introduced on the assembly line.

1108907.jpg

That's true - there are so many colour schemes to choose. I fancy a nice CP Air, Gulf Air, BA Negus, Aloha and Dragonair for starters...

SAS didn't use them but there still remain a huge choice of colour schemes. Unless they (BPK) mess up some fundamental dimension or profile or some other part, then this kit should do well.

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

So the price might be around the £50 mark, which if my currency calculations is correct in MHO is very reasonable for such a kit, I am sure Denzil at Welshmodels won't be to pleased, all we need now is a DC-9 done similar, and a Trident

So the price might be around the £50 mark, which if my currency calculations is correct in MHO is very reasonable for such a kit, I am sure Denzil at Welshmodels won't be to pleased, all we need now is a DC-9 done similar, and a Trident

It's worth £50 all day long IMO and I will get one!

I dealt with AMarket (that is run by the same guys, btw) a couple of times without any problems - bought a couple of AMonsters that cost way cheaper than on Hannants.

Any contact details, I didn't fancy shelling out £400+ for the An-124.

fascinating - I like the cockpit detail but I want to see more on how the cabin windows will work.

Around £50 sounds pretty good so if the kit matches up and I can afford it, I'll get one.

as to the wish list, dont hold your breath - these would be BIG kits and there arent too many people around who will have the money

or the space to put them.

What might help sell them is the military applications