BRAND NEW 1/72 737-200 Injection Molded Kit!

The only 737 200 I liked was the T43-A, its a welcome addition though, I am surprised the 737 has not been modelled by a mainstream manufacturer before, apart from the Aurora kit as its not that big if you compare it to the Airfix 1/72 Valiant and its smaller than a Nimrod, I would imagine the cockpit windows will be glazed as its not shown in the photos, unless I have missed a photo of it.

How are the window masking going to be accurately positioned onto the clear glass so all the windows are level and evenly spaced out ?

I would like to see a good 1/72 DC-9 next

How are the window masking going to be accurately positioned onto the clear glass so all the windows are level and evenly spaced out ?

What's the problem?

Sharp pencil, ruller and compasses solve the riddle.

You might pass along that none of those a/c should have the HF wire antenna on them, nor the red intake warning stripe and placards on the nacelles.

J

There is a photo in Scott Henderson's book on the 737 which shows an Air France 737-200 with the antenna

otherwise I coulkd get excited about the Pan Am schemes.

and Piedmont's 737's were FILTHY!!!

At the time periods depicted when I drew the artwork that BPK used to do those profiles, none of the a/c had an HF wire antenna, and Pan Am was the only one (my mistake) with the intake warning. I photographed T-43A 71-1384 in 1980 (I used my own photos as reference), and no 737 in existence had the intake warnings back then. Boeing introduced them in the mid-1980s. Air France used their 737s on intra-European flights when that a/c was delivered, and there was no need for HF comms. When they started using them in the Caribbean some of them got HF.

Trust me on this... I've got thousands of hours of 737 research under my belt :) I hope a book will come out of it someday!

Edited by Jennings Heilig

Air France used their 737s on intra-European flights when that a/c was delivered, and there was no need for HF comms. When they started using them in the Caribbean some of them got HF.

which would explain it.....