BRAND NEW 1/72 737-200 Injection Molded Kit!

At last I can share it!! The kit has been announced by BPM (Big Planes Models) from Ukraine. Before you ask, no I don't know when it will be released, and no, I don't know what the price will be. I can tell you it was designed using CAD technology based on my original 737-200 drawings (themselves based on thousands of pages of 737 tech manuals and gazillions of photos).

The kit should be available soon, so stay tuned for more info as I get it... And there's more good stuff to come from these guys!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89566463@N02/

• Like 2

Sign me up! Jennings, you must have been bursting to announce this :shutup: . Although I've already built an Aurora 737 (don't start) I will be glad to replace it with one that actually looks like a 737. I do love airliners in 1:72 so I think it would be great for them to give us some currently unavailable feeder airliners and even some big iron. I wonder if they've made any decisions about markings.

I guess the only concern I have from the pictures of the test shots is the way they did the windows. I understand why, but my experience with that sort of inset panels (like the drop-in panels that Hasegawa uses for variants sometimes, eg the F-4) is not pleasant. Still, to have a nice injected 737 I'll put up with a hour's worth of filling and sanding.

Jennings, do you know if BPM are related to Amodel in any way? They're both Ukrainian, and they've both done some big stuff in 1/72nd scale (the An-224 Ruslan and the Hughes H-4 come to mind), but Amodel do their really big kits with the main parts in resin/fibreglass and the other parts in injection-moulded. It would be brilliant if they were moving to CAD-designed totally injection-moulded big kits - an injection-moulded early Tu-95 Bear is a longstanding dream of mine.

Regards,

Jason

if it's accurate I might be interested

as for the windows, not seen that before - how does it work?

but I wouldn't dream of building something that size and filling windows and using decals

Jennings, do you know if BPM are related to Amodel in any way? They're both Ukrainian, and they've both done some big stuff in 1/72nd scale (the An-224 Ruslan and the Hughes H-4 come to mind), but Amodel do their really big kits with the main parts in resin/fibreglass and the other parts in injection-moulded. It would be brilliant if they were moving to CAD-designed totally injection-moulded big kits - an injection-moulded early Tu-95 Bear is a longstanding dream of mine.

Regards,

Jason

An-124? Isn't that done by Modelsvit or is that the same company...?

Ps: Love the Pig-200!

Jennings, do you know if BPM are related to Amodel in any way?

I don't believe so, but I really can't say for sure. There has been a serious language barrier (my Ukrainian is very rusty). My guess, based on very little, is that this is a separate company, but that some of the people involved may be the same, but perhaps only in the role of independent contractor. That's just my guess though.

if it's accurate I might be interested

as for the windows, not seen that before - how does it work?

but I wouldn't dream of building something that size and filling windows and using decals

There is a clear strip for the cabin windows, and computer cut (accurately shaped and spaced) vinyl masks. "If it's accurate" - while I haven't seen the kit with my own eyes yet, the CAD design was based on my 737 drawings, which I *know* are accurate. I've been working on them and tweaking them for years (literally).

Well, door outlines would be nice...

Afraid you're on your own there...

I don't believe so, but I really can't say for sure. There has been a serious language barrier (my Ukrainian is very rusty). My guess, based on very little, is that this is a separate company, but that some of the people involved may be the same, but perhaps only in the role of independent contractor. That's just my guess though.

Thank you, Jennings! Well, whoever they are, perhaps they'll do some of the Amodel heavies completely in injection-moulded plastic. I have the Amodel An-22, and believe me it's no fun trying to sand down the fuselage seam line with that hard resin/fibreglass.

Radleigh, Pin's correct. I'm not sure exactly how they're related, but the Ruslan is done exactly like the Amodel biggies, with the large pieces such as the wings and fuselage done in resin/fibreglass, and everything else done in injection-moulded plastic.

Regards,

Jason

There is a clear strip for the cabin windows, and computer cut (accurately shaped and spaced) vinyl masks. "If it's accurate" - while I haven't seen the kit with my own eyes yet, the CAD design was based on my 737 drawings, which I *know* are accurate. I've been working on them and tweaking them for years (literally).

don't have any issues with what you did Jennings...it's what happens after something leaves your hands that might be a problem

I'd have to know how much and what I would get before I buy one

Got some info from BPK guys - it is mostly injection moulded with some resin parts - APU and engine exhausts, rubber tyres and etching. The price will be announced in the middle of November