Eduard 109 e-4

i have started this pics to follow, looks like it goes together in the same vein as the 190 d series so its dry fit dry fit dry fit all the way but the engineering looks to be ever so slightly better and from what i'm reading from others the fit is a lot more simple

Ok ran into an issue, the undercarridge wheels with a photo etched chain in between,

the fit is ok with a very small locating pin. however i could not get it to secure, so this is what I did

drill with a pin drill through the seat adjustment lever bracket then both wheels.

I then put a piece of wire through all 3 parts sandwiching the PE part between,

I now have a very secure set up

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

right as i've beeen off this week i've made quite a bit of progress (I'm away next week) so engine done and at this point I was getting worried with echos of the 190 d-9 ringing loudly.

however I have tried a dry fit and its looking good so hopefully tomorrow it'll be going together

yep just done a dry fit of engine, floor, bulkhead, and lower wing and I have to say I'm impressed

I am very very ham fisted and usually get gaps like you wouldn't beleive on hasegawa kits (when i can afford em) but this is just fantastic,

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

I'm planning to do it this way put tail wheel and Tailplane angle adjuster in then cement the rear of the fuselage together,

then place the engine and bulkhead assembly (btw why eduard didn't make the engine bearers in one piece is beyond me) in and cement this from the bottom

the floor and rest of the pit then slides up from the bottom with the rear panel going in last

I was expecting a gap of some sort in the join of the wing bottom section to the fuselage but as you see with everything in place it is just the perfect fit

IMG_3233.jpg

Disaster has struck (as always with me) tailwheel strut has shown typical 109 weakness and catapulted itself into the carpet whereby carpet monster has eaten it time to look in the spares box and see what I can come up with however it will NOT be fitted until the end of the build

Why oh why can't we go back in time and just have a pin and hole arrangement so that we can fit bits like this at the end of a build

Disaster has struck (as always with me) tailwheel strut has shown typical 109 weakness and catapulted itself into the carpet whereby carpet monster has eaten it time to look in the spares box and see what I can come up with however it will NOT be fitted until the end of the build

Why oh why can't we go back in time and just have a pin and hole arrangement so that we can fit bits like this at the end of a build

Shame about your mishap but I'm sure you'll get it fixed nicely, I was thinking of trying to attach the tail wheel at the end of my build but not sure how I'll manage it yet.

Cheers...

Hi, looks a great kit, oh well LSA will be getting more money over the weekend off me......oh drat :pilot:

Andy.

I got mine from e-models about 19 quid if i remeber correctly

Shame about your mishap but I'm sure you'll get it fixed nicely, I was thinking of trying to attach the tail wheel at the end of my build but not sure how I'll manage it yet.

Cheers...

Mike I reckon (in hindsight, wonderful thing innit) if you assemble the fuselage you may be able to twist the leg into place afterwards and it'll then locate into the holes in the fuselage. Be Very very careful whatever you do

only thing even close in my spares box is a 190 tailwheel the forked section is very similar but the wheel is quite a bit bigger,

scale aircraft conversions do an undercarridge set but thats £11.50 reckon i'll have to adjust the 190 one to fit? :confused: