Another one i am looking forward to seeing come together Darren, i have built a few of the more recent revell 1:72 kits (P47 / 190 F-8 / Me262 a-1a) and they are great kits with lovely detail for the scale, the only weak points seem to be the canopies, dont know if this ones any better?

Cheers, Stu

• 2 weeks later...

Canopy's not as big a dog's breakfast as the Me-262's, but it could be better.....Something about the nose isn't quite right too; the prop blades look too small and the spinner looks a bit too bulbous to me (but I am by no means an expert on 109s).

FWIW & All the best

Andy S.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I''ve got this one out drilled some holes for the stand, found,butchered and painted a pilot for it.

It looks ok, lots of flash but will be quite a quick easy kit to put together at a guess the canopy looks quite good it has an erla hood do will be clear from that angle.

Major shock the instructions call out RLM colours for painting.

The prop does'nt look quite right but it still looks a lot closer than italeri's 109f in the same scale.

Canopy's not as big a dog's breakfast as the Me-262's, but it could be better.....Something about the nose isn't quite right too; the prop blades look too small and the spinner looks a bit too bulbous to me (but I am by no means an expert on 109s).

FWIW & All the best

Andy S.

Quickboost did a replacement prop and spinner for it. The other thing is that the undercarriage mounting points are too far outboard and give it a strange stance but it is still a nice kit to make.

Duncan B

A nice little build if the minor shape issues are not a worry. I suspect the modelling community has a much higher standard for 109s and Spitfires, which may be appropriate given their popularity and documentation. But anyway this is a fun kit and I can't wait to see this one emerge.