Tornado F-3 "5 Squadron"

Hi all, Italeries F-3 Tornado built straight from the box. The kit is built up in the markings of 5 Squadron which was their first release. Compared with the Hobbyboss F-3 I think its just as good, certainly where price is concerned!

Brian.

8147663526_127b8ac412_b.jpg8147629773_a846a257d6_b.jpg8147662596_cfd20b87c6_b.jpg8147662334_f997bd669f_b.jpg8147630421_7292afb059_b.jpg8147663062_edfc2c084a_b.jpg8147662900_996a7627f2_b.jpg8147631315_c65c6b3356_b.jpg8147664168_d65cfcc53f_b.jpg8147663924_14f4ab5780_b.jpg8147630731_fae4581fba_b.jpg8147662096_3c81dcaa43_b.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice.

But I'd like to question , without too much of a criticism, the base. Surely wouldn't / aren't the concrete areas laid parallel to the grass areas as opposed to the diagonal as portrayed on your base. Well. ... it just doesn't look right. :coolio:

Very nice.

But I'd like to question , without too much of a criticism, the base. Surely wouldn't / aren't the concrete areas laid parallel to the grass areas as opposed to the diagonal as portrayed on your base. Well. ... it just doesn't look right. :coolio:

Hi Paul, I just found the cardboard pictured base on the bottom of a "Thunderchief Kit Box" and thought it looked Ok so stuck it onto a piece of plywood. Never gave the diagonals much thought to be quite honest! pleased you liked the model....

Brian

Italeri? OOB? Not fair!

Excellent work, Sir.

Hi,

Yes it is the Italeri kit, can't remember when it was first issued. The Tanks might have been an addition which could have come from the Airfix kit, mine melted when i left it in direct sunlight!

The kit is still around today, re-issued I think with absolutely cracking decals (Italian) which i'm starting to build.

Thanks for your comment.

Brian

Lovely build of probably the smartest normal service colours ever put on the F3 :wub:

Its a very very nice kit and when it comes to price ...Hobbyboss cant touch it !

I think the only thing that would need adding is to scribe the area where the IFR door is.

How did you manage to get so good a fit on the wing glove fillets ?

Andy

A brilliant effort resulting in this exceptional F-3 Tornado, Brian ! Excellent detail and you have produced a superb finish with these Xtracolor enamels.

I really like the sleek looks of the grey interceptor version of the Tornado and, seeing this wonderful display of yours here makes me want to at some point add an air-defense version like this to my 1/72 camoflaged strike edition.

Mike

Cheers all for your kind comments

@ Andy.....I never noticed that Andy re the refuelling doors thanks for pointing it out. I'm currently building Italeries F-3 with those lovely Italian markings, i'll scribe it on.

Re the gloves I do some dry fitting and then add filler, it seems to work.

@ Mike..... there's plenty of 'stunning' aftermarket decals to choose from for the 1/72 Tornado F-3 and Italeries kit is still around I think. Whatever you choose i'm sure you will do it justice!

All the best

Brian.