HobbyCraft Me109 Croatian G10

Well paternity leave is also good for modelling once the school run and other chores have been done. Managed to get all decals on using the kit ones and also some of the stencils from the old Revell kit that was used for the Hungarian 109. Micro set & sol used again giving a nice finish.

Photos show that the Croatian insignia was applied over the German ones on the wings.

Next job is panel wash and then some serious weathering on this machine as it appeared quite battered once captured.

P1030758_zps1d4f81ba.jpg

P1030757_zpse0df6c21.jpgP1030754_zps5f71132a.jpgP1030753_zps40950891.jpg

Calling this one done as well, nice easy kit.  Decals are OOB with some stencils from the Revell kit.

Weathered with pastel sludge wash and Tamyia smoke.  Also tried sponge technique for the silvering, might of gone overboard though.

Happy with the results and have now invested in some EZ Line.

Here's some pics, more in completed build thread.

Thanks again for looking and I'm sure I'll be seeing you on the Battle for the Reich GB!

Simon

P1030811.jpgP1030812.jpgP1030816.jpg

Very nice build, excellent paintwork and interesting markings.

You may want to fix the antenna though, it doesn't run through the ADF loop, that would prevent the loop from working (the loop rotates), also I suspect you've got the tailwheel on backwards.

Edited by Adam Maas

Very nice build, excellent paintwork and interesting markings.

You may want to fix the antenna though, it doesn't run through the ADF loop, that would prevent the loop from working (the loop rotates), also I suspect you've got the tailwheel on backwards.

Thanks for the comments Adam, re the Antenna wire and tail wheel were based on photos of the actual aircraft which were kindly posted by Marin on page one of this thread.

The tail wheel has been shown in both positions however.

Cheers

Thanks for the comments Adam, re the Antenna wire and tail wheel were based on photos of the actual aircraft which were kindly posted by Marin on page one of this thread.

The tail wheel has been shown in both positions however.

Cheers

Hmm, looks like the Erks had the antenna connected wrong in that picture, it would cause the ADF loop to bind in use. Which just goes to show that even in real life there are interesting mistakes made.

As to the tailwheel, it's castering, so it could be in the reversed position if the aircraft was pushed backwards by ground crew, but that's a rare sight outside of service or photo ops.