Hungarian Me 109 G10

My first entry is going to be a Hungarian G10 using the old Revell kit. Planning on building this side by side with a Croatian machine. (time permitting baby on the way!)

I'm planning to use decals from HAD which are on order.

P1030582.jpg

P1030583.jpg

More photos to follow when I get the decals

Cheers

Simon

My Hungarian G10 is being built in tandem with it's Croatian brother. Detail on the side wall is virtually non existent and the PE set could off given more detail to be honest.

Once again airbrushed in model air RLM 66.

P1030592.jpg

Next for the cockpit, for an old kit the set has enhanced it considerably,

P1030593.jpg

P1030594.jpg

Looking to do more hi-lighting to enhance the panel and then into the fuselage.

Decals are at the sorting office ready to be picked up, why does the postie insist on coming when everyone is at work.

Thanks for looking.

Bit of an update, wife picked the decals up from the post office today.

Very impressed once again with HAD decals.

P1030598.jpg

Haven't decided what machine to do yet.

Have now buttoned up the fuselage , attached the wings and tail plane. I'm really liking this Revell kit, the fit is excellent and a small amount of filler will be needed on the radiator and on the rear wing/fuselage join.

The plastic feels stronger than the Hobbycraft kit and comparing both the Revell is heavier and feels more sturdy.

This weekend hoping to fill, sand and get some primer on, DIY permitting!

P1030596.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Not much been happening in the last couple of weeks as I was away and had some DIY to sort out.

I've managed to get some paint on the wings and fuselage sides and have been using Vallejo Model Air. This is where I'm not happy.

The RLM75 seems way too dark for my liking and is more like RLM 74.

Hope the picture below will show.

P1030677.jpg

The photo does however make the colour look lighter.

The Xtracolor RLM 75 which I have used before seems lighter and more of the grey violet as it should be.

I thinking of going back to using Xtracolor as I'm more happier with its shade.

Looking for your opinions please.

Thanks

Been doing some painting this week and decided to use Xtracolor instead of model air. I felt that the RLM 75 was too dark. All airbrushed free hand.

I find taking pictures of glossy surface doesn't always give the best results .

P1030682.jpg

After the main Diana pattern was sprayed, the mottling commenced over the VA RLM 76. For this going by the painting guide I lightly sprayed thinned 75 and concentrated in patches and then went over with the 83.

The photos have brought the contrast up a lot more than to the eye.

P1030684.jpg

P1030683.jpg

Next job will be to tidy up some oversray with 75, Modelair again if the brush doesn't stop clogging!!

Then onto the props, theatre bands have been painted and masking will be removed.

The wife has told me to pack the gear away for Xmas and then the baby is due on the 2/1 so I may not get much in!!!

Cheers for now

• 3 weeks later...

Finally managed to get a bit of work done on both my entries while the wife is in hospital after the birth of our new baby girl :)

All main paintwork has now been done and next job is the Klear coat, decal and then all the breakable stuff and the undercarriage.

Should be done for the deadline. Prop is for show at present.

P1030738.jpg

P1030739.jpg

Paints used have been Xtracolor and Vallejo Model Air when not clogging! P1030740.jpg

Nice work - I think it's a great kit - the only problem I really had with the old Monogram version I am using is that you have to tape up the wings to force some dihedral out of the kit as otherwise its flat

I'm calling this one done and have really enjoyed this Revell kit and may stack up on a few for the stash as I have more decal options to use.

The build used some firsts for me, photo etch, resin wheels and AM decal along with Microset & Sol.  I have to say that the HAD decals are great.

Here's a couple of pics, rest will be posted in the completed builds.

Thanks for looking.

P1030808.jpgP1030809.jpgP1030803.jpg