1/32 Bf-109 G10 ANR ### Finished### 03-2-2013

Hi guys,

Here are some pictures of what is in the box and some of the goodies with it. If you look closely at the pictures you see that I used a G14 for this conversion. It was recommended at the conversion set from Cutting edge.

IMG_3534.jpg
IMG_3535.jpg
IMG_3536.jpg
IMG_3537.jpg
IMG_3538.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Thanxs Alistair,

I have done some work today on the nose. I have cut off the original one and cleaned up the resin one. I have also test fitted it.

I have made some pictures, but I still have to put the pictures on line.

Hopefully I can do that very soon.

Cheers,

Here are some pictures of the cutting and test fitting the new nose. It doesn't look like a great fit, but that is because it is done with some tape and blue tack. There is a small gap on top of the conversion witch still have to be filled. but after this is the first thing to is to fit the MDC cockpit . After that it will be there to put the conversion on.

the cutting

IMG_3541.jpgIMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

the test fit

IMG_3544.jpg

comparison original part bottom conversion part top

IMG_3545.jpg

conversion parts on the fuselage (test fit)

IMG_3548.jpgIMG_3549.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Good progress Arnie, not done any major conversion work yet so yours is another nose job i'll be watching with interest to get some tips for when I start cutting up the academy spit mk XIV i have in the stash :)

Cheers, Stu

Which order are you going to glue ,ie left nose to right nose then to fuselarge or left nose to left fuselarge ,right nose to right fuselarge then together ?

Hmmm difficult to tell. After test fitting I think I will go with left nose right nose. That will make it easier to put in the mg's and oil cooler. It will also bee easier to line everything up. Cutting edge says to do it otherwise (right nose right fuselage), but hey I am a little bit stubborn obout it.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Guys,

No update jet. I hope to do some work in the next few days.

I am still bussy to sort out all of the stuff I bought at the SMW show in Telford.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Again sorry guys no update jet,

I have been more bussy with my build at the what if GB than I thought it would take.

I hope to do some more work on this build this weekend.

Cheers,

Finally some pictures. Not much done jet, but I have managed today that I have removed the detail from the sidewall. This is for the new cockpit from MDC. I have also made some pictures of the dry fitting today. I am still putting a lot of time in my SHAR3 in the What if GB, But that one is now comming along nicelly, witch gives me after this weekend more time for this one.

I hope to do more work tomorrow.

IMG_3606-1.jpg

test fitting.

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3611.jpg

It is not much, but at least I have started again.

Cheers,

• Like 1

No further update jet. The thing now to be done is getting the cockpit ready for some paint.After that it can go in and than I can finaly go on with the build.

Cheers,

Hi guys,

I have been doing some work on her today. I have glued the nose parts together. It isn't a great fit but that can be sorted later.

On top of the engine there was quit a large gap. I made it a little bigger and inserted a stripe of plastic card.

I don't have any photos jet. Maybee tomorrow.

Cheers,

Hi Guys,

Here are some pictures of the nose. It's looking better now after I have done some filling and sanding. As you can see in the third picture, the underside wasn't a good fit . But after sanding and rescribing was it OK. The white srip of plastic on top was not only used for filling the seam, but also as the piano hinge for the two part engine cover.

The Spinner is from Eagle Editions (EP#20-32) and looks very good. I didn't remove the casting plug, because it almost fitted the nose wright away. I just needed to thin the inside of the nose a little bit. If I would have used the original method I would have to line everything up and also would have to glue the end plate in the nose.

The oilcooler is OK, but I also have a spare one from a earlier conversion (G10 into a G6AS) and that one looks a little more fatter and how it should be. But that is a thought for later on in the build.

I also added a small round hatch on the right side fuselage and deleted one. after some scribing I wasen't hapy with the resribed one so I deleted that one also. I leave it that way, otherwise I will make a mess of it ( I do know myself).

OK, here are some pictures.

IMG_3629.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg

In the last picture the rescribed panel looks OK, but after that I made a mess of it.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Nice work Arnold, shame about the re-scribed panel it was looking good in the photo.

Cheers....

Yeah I know, and somehow I still managed to get everything wrong :hanging: .

Hi guys,

Here are some pictures after the nose is fitted to the fuselage. This was done with some 2 way epoxy glue to make it a good bond. Now I still need to finish the cockpit from MDC before I can do more. After that it is (almost) a straight job. I also just noticed on the left side of the fuselage (under the cockpit) the two bumps for a parasol that needs to be removed.

IMG_3650.jpg

IMG_3651.jpg

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

here are again some pictures of the nose, but now it's finished. I hade to put a small piece of plastic between the nose and the fuselage, because the fit there wasn't great. I hade some troubles in the beginning of the build with the nose but they are now over.

here are four pictures of it. with and without some paint.

IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

I will put one some more pictures of the cockpit later tonight.

Cheers,

Here are the promised pictures of the cockpit. They are in different stages of painting. It is not jet finished, but nearly there. I still have to do the instrument panel with some decals. after that I can place the cockpit inside the fuselage.

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

the first paint and a wash

IMG_3669.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3674.jpg