1/48 Eduard Bf 109E-1 - Finished.

Sjeez Mike, thats a corker

Thanks everyone, glad your liking my 109, after seeing everyone's great builds and the schemes you've chosen I thought my choice a bit dull in comparison! All packed away for a week or two now, hope I don't cut it to fine with the deadline.. YIKES!!

Cheers and a merry Christmas to all..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year.

I've just got back to my build today so have a small update for you. I've re-sprayed the wing where I'd done a little goof before Christmas and also unmasked the wheel wells, hope to get some decals on later and have a bigger update later this week.

20130114_134455.jpg

20130114_135318.jpg

Thanks for looking and cheers...

Thanks Stu and Andy. I've finished the main markings but have spent a couple of nights doing the stencils, still have about twenty of the little blighters to do. God stencils are tedious but I'm determined to put them all on!

Cheers...

Thanks chaps for your comments.

I managed to finish the stencils last Thursday so have been able to move forward quite quickly.

Here are a few pictures taken after the decals had all been applied. Sorry about the photo quality, iffy natural light.

20130120_143544.jpg

20130120_143620.jpg

20130120_143559.jpg

Yesterday morning I gave it a coat of Alclad Aqua gloss and when that was good and dry I used some Flory models dark dirt wash to bring out some of the fine surface detail. Then started with some MiG oils to further suggest some weathering.

20130121_095754.jpg

20130121_095817.jpg

20130121_095946.jpg

20130121_095851.jpg

That's the state of play at the moment, will continue weathering and cleaning up for a while and then get the little bits stuck on, I've started painting the prop and exhausts so almost done.

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think.

Cheers...

Thanks Rob, I appreciate your comments.

I'm almost finished, spent last night fussing with little bits of plastic and PE, drove me nuts and the carpet monster got one piece. Should be done this weekend and hopefully some decent light for photographs.

Cheers...

Thanks Andy.

Well this one is done, I'm posting a couple of pictures and will do more in the gallery later tonight.

20130127_111831.jpg

20130127_111954.jpg

The aerial was done with fishing line attached with super glue, I'd lost the tiny PE part that went on the rudder mast which was annoying but hey-ho :banghead:.

Cheers everyone...

• Like 5

A spotless build Mike! I've admired the build all the way, well done...

• Like 1