Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

My entry for this GB will be the Eduard Bf 109E-1 in 1/48. This is my first Britmodeller group build so I'm pretty excited and eager to get going.

The box shot,
Eduard+Bf+109E1+Box+%281%29.jpg


And the contents, still wrapped up and shiny before I get my thick mitts on it,
Eduard+Bf+109E1+Box+%282%29.jpg


Will build pretty much out the box but I may try and add a little detail to the pit.

Cheers....

Edited by Spikelhund

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Steve, I do like the eduard profipack kits, very good value I think. For markings I'm leaning towards this one,

Bf109E-1.jpg

I've not done a German aircraft without mottle before and always rather liked these clean looking schemes so that's the plan.

Cheers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good choice Mike, been tempted by the new Eduard E series so looking forward to seeing what you make of it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Stu and Alistair, hope to make a start on this come Monday, gotta finish making my log store first!

Cheers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried posting this last night but I think I got caught up in technical issues.

Managed to make a start today, Just added a little extra detail to the cockpit side-walls using some plastic card/rod, fuse wire and some unused PE. I cut a little off the bottom of the oxygen apparatus as I think it's a little tall, also tried to improve some of it's detail. Let me know what you think.

20121105_161228-1.jpg

20121105_161248-1.jpg

Please excuse the dodgy pictures, lack of good daylight this afternoon, I've tried to sharpen them up a little for you. Once the rest of the cockpit is built up it will be primer time and then I'll get the airbrush out.

I've done a little more tonight with the cockpit but haven't reached any painting stage yet.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice start, one of these could be mine over the weekend...

Andy.

Ebay perhaps? Good luck.

Thanks for the comments chaps.

Cheers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 thing I think is missing from mine is I have photos of a chain on the starboard wall of a chain for flap actuation surprised Edward did'nt supply it in pe is it in the E1 kit?

Looking very neat and tidy btw excellent start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 thing I think is missing from mine is I have photos of a chain on the starboard wall of a chain for flap actuation surprised Edward did'nt supply it in pe is it in the E1 kit?

Looking very neat and tidy btw excellent start

Yes those parts are supplied in the E-1 kit. Have you two PE frets? I think the parts are on the fret with the radiator parts.

Cheers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yep got the second fret but they have put the chain in the instructions on the left hand wall but photo's have it on the right hand wall dissapearing behind the oxygen regulator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I see, sorry I misunderstood, nothing included in my kit for that side either. I have an SBS resin cockpit for the Tamiya E-3 and I think all that detail is also on the left wall, will double check tonight.

Cheers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi chaps, got a bit of an update for you.

Trying to keep thing moving along so have made some steady progress on the cockpit.

I used Halfords grey primer from the can to prime the cockpit.

20121112_144411.jpg

20121112_144356.jpg

20121112_144449.jpg

After a little pre-shade I used Tamiya RLM Grey to start painting and then switched to Gunze Aqueous RLM 02 all sealed up with some Alclad Aqua gloss.

20121113_104222.jpg

20121113_104155.jpg

20121113_105130.jpg

After this I've applied various washes including MiG dark wash and some of the Citadel washes. Then drybrushed using some Vallejo pastel green and light grey. Some details have been picked out using Vallejo German grey Citadel Chainmail and Mithril silver plus a little blue, brown and red.

20121114_115113.jpg

20121114_115148.jpg

I added some of the Airscale Luftwaffe cockpit placards and I'm also mucking about with some watercolour pencils for shading.

Hope to update again soon, thanks for looking.

Cheers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, great work - i aspire to create a pit like that Mike :)

Thanks for putting up how you did it, the finished result looks great!

Cheers, Stu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm away for a couple of days but hope to get some more done by Sunday.

Cheers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little more progress has been made so I'll just post up some pictures, I had to strip then repaint the small piece behind the seat, the small hatch, as when I first glued it I managed to get liquid cement on the front.

20121115_113521.jpg

20121115_113619.jpg

Few more PE bits went in and the repainted section.

20121118_123043.jpg

20121118_123901.jpg

20121118_134257.jpg

20121118_142111.jpg

Building this closed up as I want a nice clean profile on this kit, cowls took a bit of work to make fit, mainly removing bits of engine and machine gun mounts etc but I was half expecting that anyway.

20121119_105821.jpg

20121119_105842.jpg

The rear of the fuselage hasnt been glued yet as I'm still not sure about fitting the tail wheel. Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome.

Cheers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...