Eduard 109E-4

This is not my normal scale and I have to say that I bought it some time ago on a whim because it was incredibly good value for a state of the art kit.

Anyway, enough waffle. Box shot.

IMG_0662.jpg

Sprues.

IMG_0664.jpg

And the aftermarket - a set of HGW seatbelts and Quickboost exhausts.

IMG_0665.jpg

I need to clear the bench before I crack on, but looking forward to this one.

Edited by Tim T

Nice choice Tim.

Are you using the kit markings?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, I thought I would. It is not a bad scheme and I would rather not fork out for a set of aftermarket decals at the moment.

Will be following your build closely.

Are you going for it buttond up or engine exposed ?

Alistair

This one will be buttoned up to show off the lines. I also have the Zvezda 1/48 F-4 in the stash. Depending upon how I get on with this one, I may well do that one with the engine on display.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been making very slow progress. I have been really busy with work and I always seem to have too many builds on the go when I start a GB for some reason.

Anyway, I have painted the cockpit and installed the HGW seatbelts. They look great but boy were they a PITA. My admiration to anyone who uses them in 1/48 as they tried my patience at this scale!

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

I have got the fuselage together but I am really struggling with the front end to make sure that it all lines up. It seems that without the engine there is very little to provide support. Once I have some photos I will put them up. Like I say, progress is slow, but at least the glue gets plenty of time to cure!

• 3 weeks later...

That seat looks very real mate!