HMS Leopard, finished.

Shar2

Finally got round to starting this after illness and work kept getting in the way. All parts have been cleaned in soapy water, with the metal and resin parts cleaned of any flash and injection points.

IMG_6168.JPG

• Like 2

With the lower hull attached there was a slight amount of shrinkage seen around the join. This was easily rectified with a small amount of putty and a quick rub down with a sanding stick.

IMG_6171.JPG

IMG_6172.JPG

• Like 1

Rudder, prop shafts and A frames fitted. I had to cut the A frames down a bit to get the shafts to line up properly with the fairings. Once they were fitted I then gave the hull a couple of coats of anti-fouling.

IMG_6173.JPG

IMG_6174.JPG

Bit more done. Boot topping and hull grey painted, along with the speparate parts and the etch. Just have to wait for my delivery from WEM for the Deck Green paint. I could have sworn I had some, but it seems to have disappeared.

IMG_6179.JPG

IMG_6180.JPG

• Like 1

I'm using lufwaffe RLM02 for it these days. It's a really good representation of deck green having weathered and faded.

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately i don't have any RLM colours and the WEM order has been posted so hopefully if will arrive today. It hasn't stopped the build as I've got the etch to build.

The correct paint arrived this morning, so I managed to get the decks painted. Just a few spots to touch in then it'll be onto the build propper.

IMG_6225.JPG

IMG_6227.JPG