Another Viggen! SK37 Heller 1:72

I'm feeling very inspired and in a "Viggen mood" right now so I thought why not start yet another Viggen build!?

Here is the kit. It's the latest reissue of the good old Heller plastic.

160-2.jpg

159.jpg

166.jpg

165-1.jpg

Even though it says JA37 Jaktviggen on the box (in this case, bag) one can build any version of the SAAB 37 since all the parts are there. I'm going to build mine as a SK37 twoseater trainer version.

As I want something different mine will be built as the 37800 which is the prototype for the SK37. It never served operationally in the air force but was used as a test bed. After this it went to the Swedish Air Force museum where is stood outside for many years together with 37-1 and the JA37 prototype.

Not anymore.

Lately she was dismantled and transported to the Stenbäck collection in the very south of Sweden were she will be taken care of by the owner, a friend of mine.

So I felt very inspired to build a kit of this plane.

The build will be a quick one as I'm going to focus on my 1:48 Viggen prototype. Because of this I'm going to build the trainer in flying mode. No landing gear, no extra detail or aftermarket. Just out of the box (bag...).

The only extra addition will be a pilot in the front seat. Maybe I'll use one of the PJ Production Gripen pilots as seen in the picture above.

Andreas

• 2 weeks later...