Hasegawa 1/48 A-4C Skyhawk Argentinean Air Force

Hi mates.

Here's my latest work.

It's the 1/48 Hasegawa a-4C Skyhawk in FAA colors and marking, during Falklands war in 1982. It was built straight from the box with the only extra the FAA Skyhawk antennas that were included in Condors decals set.

It was painted with Gunze acrylics and Humbrol enamels.

The antennas on the tail fin are scratchbuilt.

I hope you like it.

img6462i.jpg

img6463d.jpg

img6464p.jpg

img6450qn.jpg

img6451w.jpg

img6452c.jpg

img6456d.jpg

img6457t.jpg

img6458t.jpg

img6459o.jpg

img6460bn.jpg

img6461b.jpg

img6473g.jpg

img6491x.jpg

img6479hz.jpg

img6480v.jpg

img6483oa.jpg

img6484v.jpg

img6487bv.jpg

img6488dm.jpg

img6489c.jpg

img6490x.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality of the photos, they've been taken from my iPhone.

Thanks for your time and interest, guys!

Cheers!

Edited by nirvanagr
  • Like 3

Thank you guys.

I didn't expect you'd like this kit. :( Due to many problems while i was building it, the result is not what i expected from the beginning. But, anyway, it is finished at all. :)

I used gunze's H309 (Green) and H316 (Off-White) for the camouflage. The H316 has some drops of grey in it, in order to look like the original color.

Sorry for my English... :(

Thanks again for your comments! I'm really glad you like it.

Edited by nirvanagr

thats one very good looking skyhawk, love the colour of paintwork, are the wheel wells a blueish colour?

Yes, the wheel bays are painted light blue exactly as it happenned in the real planes' wheel wells. :)

Thanks everyone for your good words! :)

Nice build, and I'm especially interested since I have the same kit awaiting my attention, together with some Eduard details and a collection of decals for a 1982 FAA aircraft. I recently finished the Hasegawa A4B, done as an Armada airraft from 1982 - I found it difficult, lots of tiny intricate delicate bits!

What is that bomb? My information, gathered over a few years, is that the FAA Skyhawks (unlike the Armada, which had US Mk82 bombs) used a Spanish-made 250kg EXPAL (Explosivos Alaveses) bomb painted medium grey; yours has the correct parallel-sided shape, but...?

Tony

Hi Tony.

Thanks for your comment.

This bomb is a british 1000lbs bomb, modified to be the same with the ones FAA Skyhawks (A-4C) carried during the conflict. There is another thread openned (in BM) for this reason and there you can find any answers you may be looking for. :)

Unfortunately i can't recall of the title but it has to do with A-4C's weapons - if this is of any help.

Edit: I think i've seen in some pics the grey bombs you mentioned above but i'm not sure if they were painted grey at all. Usually, the bombs are painted green. Maybe someone else can provide us some info about it.

Edited by nirvanagr

Hi Tony.

Thanks for your comment.

This bomb is a british 1000lbs bomb, modified to be the same with the ones FAA Skyhawks (A-4C) carried during the conflict. There is another thread openned (in BM) for this reason and there you can find any answers you may be looking for. :)

Unfortunately i can't recall of the title but it has to do with A-4C's weapons - if this is of any help.

Edit: I think i've seen in some pics the grey bombs you mentioned above but i'm not sure if they were painted grey at all. Usually, the bombs are painted green. Maybe someone else can provide us some info about it.

Interesting. I know the FAA also used British 1000-pounders but I understood those were confined to use with Canberras. A quick search failed to turn up the separate thread you mentioned, to do with A-4C weapon loads, but I'll try again.

Tony