37-4 Viggen prototype 1/72

Orso

I just heard of this group build last weekend so I thought that I would join in.

37-4_2.JPG

I had started it but only came this far so I think it is allowed here.

37-4_03.JPG

It is the Red Viggen from Hasegawa that I once bought just for the decals. It is the old Frog kit of the early prototype so it can only be build as one of the first three prototypes. I decided to build it as prototype # 4. It was the first one that got the revised wing with the "saw tooth" so that is what I had done first.

37-4_04.JPG

I added the fuselage pylons from the Airfix kit as the Frog/Hasegawa didn't have them.

37-4_05.JPG

The seat and instrument panel came from an Heller kit. I glued the air outlets behind the cockpit in the wrong direction so I must try to remove them and fix it.

37-4_06.JPG

The rear looked a bit bare. Just a shallow hole so I attached the exhaust from the Airfix kit. Not entirely correct perhaps but it looks better . I am also building the first prototype using the Airfix kit but I can't remember how much was built when this GB was started so it might be prohibited here.

Edited by Orso
Photobucket sabotage

I put on a coat of paint and that went fine but then I learned that I put the air outlets on the back facing the wrong way. So now I'm trying to fix that without destroying the paint job to much.