1/72 Airfix Spitfire F22

SimonL

My first go at posting a work in in progess. Managed to make a start on my Airfix Spitfire F22, forgot to take pictures of the box and sprue but I guess most have seen them already :winkgrin: .

It actually went together really quickly. Just a couple of days work and its ready for the paint shop! I am going to do the markings for the Cooper Air Race (there seems to be a lot of HSS Spits already done!).

Apologies for the quality of the images, found it not so easy to take pictures of an incomplete model!

Thanks for looking,

spitfire22_1.jpg

spitfire22_2.jpg

spitfire22_3.jpg

spitfire22_4.jpg

1/72nd scale kit yes Si?.

Not seen the "guts" of one yet,all this ugly lot keep posting done ones you see.

Whoops,didn't read the ruberik at the top,it IS the 1/72nd kit.

It looks very good and you've detailed it up nicely.

I note the separate bit of rudder at the bottom,that is interesting.

That means there's a Seafire 46 and/or 47 in the offing here(hooray).

Edited by Miggers

Nicely done so far Simon. Added this one to the stash recently but not yet had a proper look in the box. Is that Tamiya tape belts you've made on the seat?

Thanks Col. No its actually cheap masking tape from a Reject shop. Its a little thicker than Tamiya tape and when given a bit of a wash with water colours I think it looks the business without further painting.

• 2 months later...

Ok, after a bit of a hiatus got back to work on the Spit. Here the paint job has been done, brush painted Tamiya acrylics using their new(ish) WWII RAF colours.

spitfire22_5_zps0fa5d7cf.jpg

spitfire22_7_zpsfdd3f358.jpg

spitfire22_8_zps06e78d23.jpg

Edited by SimonL

• 11 months later...

Well after a year of it sitting 90 % complete, I finally managed to get this one finished. Photos of the completed kit have been posted to Ready for Inspection. The long delay had nothing to do with the kit - its is a lovely little model.