Airliner - Airbus A321 Swiss (Revell 1/144)

Good evening to all.
This is my latest creation I just finished for now. Maybe in a couple of months I will consider to do so wash or dirty it a bit. But in general I like my airliners clean so I might as well leave it like it is.

The livery decals are home designed and printed. Windows, doors, warning signs and coroguard are from the excellent Daco airbus decal set. The Pitot tubes, AOA sensors, antennas and winglets are from the photoetched set from the same set.

Enjoy.
George

28102012942.jpg
28102012943.jpg
28102012944.jpg
28102012945.jpg
28102012946.jpg
28102012947.jpg
28102012948.jpg
28102012949.jpg
28102012950.jpg
28102012951.jpg
28102012952.jpg

Edited by George D.
  • Like 2

Very nice. I must get a 321. But i do like that alot :-)

Another excellent addition to 1/144 builds on this site!

Great job. What paints did you use?

my mistake... Didn't mention the details.

The kit is the Revell A321 in Lufthansa Retro livery, which in my opinion doesn't look good on the 321 at all.

The model was primed with the Humbrol Hu1 primer diluted at a ration of approx 1 paint, 2 Humbrol Enamel thinner and sprayed. Even so much diluted it took about 2 weeks to fully dry.

Colours are Gunze Aquarius. Specifically H1 Gloss White (one of the best whites I've used), and the wings are a mix of H301 with a few drops of blue until I match the shade shown on photographs. And since each Airbus has different colour, I never managed to get the exact same shade again.

The metallic surfaces at the leading edges are brush painted with Citadel Chainmal. The undercarriage struts with Model Master Aluminium.

The engine intakes were brush painted with Model Master Aluminium and when dried I used a silver marker to enhance them. The engine fans were dry-brushed with Humbrol Metalcote Polished Steel.

I've made a mistake and glued the right (co-pilot) pitot tube where the right static port should be but It's too late now and I can live with it.

Edited by George D.

Great model George, I don' think you need to weather it but it is all a matter of personal taste and I have seen some very nicely weathered models on here. You could take the easy way out and argue that it has come fresh out of the paint-shop. :thumbsup:

Great model George, I don' think you need to weather it but it is all a matter of personal taste and I have seen some very nicely weathered models on here. You could take the easy way out and argue that it has come fresh out of the paint-shop. :thumbsup:

I like to keep my airliners clean. After all, most of them are indeed! And especially Swiss keeps them clean. The weather in Switzerland helps with that too. All pictures that I've found show minimal dirt on their 321s and most only have some oil stains on the underside of the engines and nowhere else. I haven't decided yet but most probably will leave it as it is.

I didn't even weather my AZ MD83 which were some of the most dirty aircraft I've seen. Especially near the end of their active life.

Thank you all for your kind comments! I would also appreciate to comment on any mistakes or anything you might dislike. I try to learn from such feedback.

Cheers,

George

• 1 month later...