1/48 - McDD F-4J + (UK) & S Phantom II by Zoukei-Mura - released - Quinta Studio cockpit set

Homebee

Source: http://scalemodels.r...Phantom-II.html

Zoukeï-Mura is working on a new 1/48th (and not 1/32nd) McDD F-4C Phantom II kit (Academy too...).
More info at Telford?
Source http://www.zoukeimur...tml#Ipms1211Lst

And have a look on the desk.
A 1/32nd low back Griffon Spitfire?

img_10s008.jpg

SWSの1/48シリーズにこれが加わったら・・・・。
私の夢は貴方の夢。
あなたからのリクエストをお聞かせください。
あなたの想像通りのキットとして実現いたします。

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

I reckon the Spit 24 is the Revell re-issue of the Matchbox model. He's also got two Monogram/Revell Do 217 fuselages sitting on his bench too, plus other kit boxes & models in the background. This is the guys workbench as well as "office" me thinks.

Still it will be interesting to see how the Zoukei-Mura approach works on a 1/48th Phantom.

Jonners

• 2 years later...

A couple of months ago right at the end of "Old Man Blog #65" was the comments "Finally the time to add a real jet fighter to the SWS kit family has come", then a bit further down "Twin-engine, Double seat and...!!" along with it will be 1/48th scale.

The next blog installment again mentioned something new and that the prototype was displayed at a members meeting at Volks Akihabara (been to that shop, it's amazing!!!!!!).

Well the latest blog #67 is out, again this new model was mentioned and low and behold in one of the photos there is a grey F-4 Phantom, a C or D it's a bit had to see. Plus in a couple of photos in the background there is a Phantom II series chart, will it be complete series????.

If this is correct it's going to be amazing!!! :bounce: Knowing the quantity of their current models, this will be certainly something to save up for.....along with the 1/32nd Do-335 of cause!!! :yahoo:

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_067.html about half way down the blog

There was also a mention in one of the blogs that the subject could be seen in one of the videos..and in that video in question there is nothing that fits the description other than a half dozen of so F-4's.

I think it's pretty solid they will be doing one. The question remains...what variant. I'm inclined to believe they will start with the long nose versions since Academy hasn't got there yet...plus they could do a Japanese E. That's just speculation of course.

I'd most certainly buy any Phantom they release...though...given the absolute headache I've had with the He 219...I can't say for sure that it will be any better than Academy's kits as far as build-ability. If they do the whole internal structure, open panel thing...it will be a PITA to close up...opened panels isn't my thing. I just hope they solve the biggest issue with the kit's I'm familiar with...micro flash/mold seams on EVER SINGLE PART.

Edited by jimmydel

img_067b402.jpg

Hey!! "The rumored mock-up of the double engine-jet fighter" is finally here!

Developer T is indeed explaining carefully for a reason. This is the first time we show this mock-up! If you come to IPMS Ohio, at Zoukei-mura booth, you'll have much more time to see it. Dear fans coming to the event, you're going to be surprised. Look forward to it!!

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

my mistake, I didn't go back far enough.....

But it seemed it may have been put on the back burner till now. Being on the other side of the world I don't get to see what's showed at Telford unfortunately. But it now does seem more than a rumour finally!

A long nose one would be very nice and my choice....just have to wait and see.

4th picture from the top has a printed wall display in the background. The display header is F-4 Phantom II series. So more to come. Hopefully a Spey Phantom.

I like ZM. I like their enthusiasm. I enjoy reading the Old Man's blog. I managed to get one of their Shinden kits years ago and would love to add a Phantom when I can. I wont give up hope of a HO-229 eventually either.

Edited by Av8fan

Huh ? Why ? Academy is nice and Eduard's L.E. are gorgeous.... ZM go with head about wall.... (As in case of P-51D...)

Yep............Good to see Z-M maintaining their great record for producing kits of aircraft that are already kitted perfectly adequately elsewhere. Why oh why do they insist on doing this when there are so many other great and perfectly marketable subjects out there crying out for a state-of-the-art kit from this unquestionably high quality kit manufacturer ?.

• Like 3

Yep............Good to see Z-M maintaining their great record for producing kits of aircraft that are already kitted perfectly adequately elsewhere. Why oh why do they insist on doing this when there are so many other great and perfectly marketable subjects out there crying out for a state-of-the-art kit from this unquestionably high quality kit manufacturer ?.

Couldn't agree more.....

Because the aircraft that are already kitted perfectly adequately elsewhere make perfectly adequate profits elsewhere and they'd like to have some thank you very much.

Or something like that, I'd say...

Judging by wings, exhausts and nose it looks like an S.

There's still a lot to improve upon currently existing Phantom kits…if it wasn't for the Academy kits' shortcomings my company might have gone out of business by now :winkgrin:

I'm looking forward to see what ZM can do with this! I'm slightly worried about too many internal details driving up the price, but let's see, the Yen-Pound rate is very favourable at the moment at least.

Jeffrey

Because the aircraft that are already kitted perfectly adequately elsewhere make perfectly adequate profits elsewhere and they'd like to have some thank you very much.

Or something like that, I'd say...

Fair point, but surely it would be better to have 100% of the profit from a kit unique to your brand than x% of the sales of a kit subject that all of your competitors' ranges include too?

• Like 1

Zoukei Mura haven´t classic sale model - you can buy their kit via internet only.... Academy and Eduard are in every modelshop. And price is nice... In EU you have a overseas tax - and every kit from overseas are very very expensive... (In CZ - duty and value added tax + 21% ). I mean a Z-M Phantom was expensive as Eduard L.E... No thank you, i wait for Academy long nose, Phantom. Furball decals, resin, P.E. etc... for few bucks (crowns).... Yupy yup :)