1:16 Steam Roller by Bandai

Picked this little beauty up at the Farnborough Modelfest and couldn't wait to get started! Its a nice change from tanks, planes and spacecraft! I think I can honestly say its the prettiest thing on the display shelf - well apart from the photo of my Girlfriend that is ;)

It still has a couple of minor things I want to do with it, eg add a better representation of the coal and perhaps dirty it up a bit more, but I'm going to say its now finished.

DSCF6916.JPG

DSCF6917.JPG

DSCF6918.JPG

DSCF6919.JPG

DSCF6920.JPG

DSCF6921.JPG

DSCF6922.JPG

The kit is not all that good - there are no locator tabs or pins for a lot of the pieces and for some of the larger ones this makes locating things difficult. I added plastic strips to a lot of things to provide a good mating surface. There were lots and lots of ejector pin marks - some in the most visible places, plus the kit is in coloured plastic so it all had to be primed and over painted to get a good finish, however the decals were superb - thank goodness as there were a LOT of them :)

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 2

Great to see the steam roller finished, really impressive build, great paint job.