Finished this morning with the last little bits.

Hasegawa F-4E kit with Sky decals, painted with Gunze Aqueous and Alclad. Used a Quickboost Skyhawk refuelling probe and some plastic tubing to make the refuelling probe. Good fun, apart from the stencil hell. The build thread is available here

F-4E_Kurnass_finished01.jpg

F-4E_Kurnass_finished02.jpg

F-4E_Kurnass_finished03.jpg

F-4E_Kurnass_finished04.jpg

F-4E_Kurnass_finished05.jpg

F-4E_Kurnass_finished06.jpg

Peter

• Like 6

Nice Kurnass!

What time frame i it supposed to be depicted in?

Interesting air defence loadout of 4 early Sidewinders, 4 Sparrows, late f-15 style center tank and refueling probe!

Great decal work, really like the "busy" looks!

Cheers, exdraken

• Like 1

Actually, the Sidewinders look like 9Ps, so they are more mid production as opposed to early ones. Time period would likely be late 1980s as I believe the Phantoms got the probes then (they were around in the early 1990s). The refuelling probe looks about right from what I can see. Yes, it sits a little behind the pilot, but I have a feeling the RIO helps talk him in to tanking and since IAF pilots are the best in the world, I think they've perfected how to tank properly with these birds.

Very nice build IMHO. I love seeing IAF F-4s, especially the birds from Hammers Squadron (such as this one is with the black and yellow checkerboards).

Yes, it sits a little behind the pilot, but I have a feeling the RIO helps talk him in to tanking and since IAF pilots are the best in the world, I think they've perfected how to tank properly with these birds.

Interesting assumptions...

Peter,

This is a stunning build and it certainly looks like a labour of love. This has inspired me to find one of these and build it.

Simply outstanding .

Monty