I gonna go for two kits, the promised tamiya 1/48 E3+ Aires cockpit and an Airfix 1/72 E4 but on this one I'm gonna use K4 acrilic paints (bought the full RLM catalog) just to master this new paints, and let me say that the preliminar tests are VERY promising.

Mine are decided, with a Tamiya 1/48 Bf-109E-4 and a Hasegawa 1/48 Bf-109G-6 winning the selections, with plenty of resin and aftermarket decals slated for both. Pics to appear very soon in the in-progress section. Looking forward to them both.

Edited by kpc7676

Any chance we could have an inspirational gallery for our previous 109 builds? Go on, get them out, you know you want to ;)

Not a chance - I'm a 109 virgin :blush:

These single type G/B's seem to bring something extra to the hobby than other types where people often don't have the same intrest in other peoples subjects .The 190 GB was considerd a clasic by many on Britmodeller and i recon the 109 could be just as good . Nice to see lots of familler names here so i'm sure the outcome will be fun fun fun.

Hi All

I'll join in the fun if I may?

I plan on building the Airfix BF109-F.

PB040001.jpg

Got a bit more time for modelling now that winter has arrrived. The plan is to build this OOB with the addition of Eduard seat belts and some tinkering here and there from myself. Would really like this build to go smoothly and on time but more importantly to have some fun with it. This will be the third time i've built this kit and I intend to finish it as per the box art, which is also how I built it the first time but hopefully this time will be with a bit more finesse!

If OK, I'll go and start a build thread.

Regards

Tim.

Hope you lot don't mind me showing of some of my previous builds.

Airfix 1/48 kit, built as a 109E-3. Southern Expo decals

m14.jpg

Tamiya 1/48 kit built as a 109E-1 Xtradecal decals

tam01.jpg

Eduard 1/32 Bf109E-1 using the superb Alley Cat conversion set to build a Bf109D.

058.jpg

• Like 1

All nice Enzo, but I really like that 109D!

Thank you.

Build thread! :Dhttp://www.britmodel...showtopic=57617

Edit: Good grief, was that really two years ago?!?!? :yikes: Looking back on the photos now, I remember how much I enjoyed the build. I just wish Ali would downscale that conversion set to 1/48. :pray:

Edited by Enzo Matrix

Nice looking builds everyone. My only other Bf109 is this one, The Tamiya 1/48 kit which I built back in 2009, the first kit I built using some Eduard PE and a half decent airbrush.

P1010807.JPG

I seem to remember I followed Tamiya colour call outs which apparently are wrong :banghead:

Cheers...

Edited by Spikelhund
  • Like 1