actually haven't built a 109 for years, actually don't have a model in my collection with me, think they're packed away at my parents place.

May either do an early Spanish war variant, or one of the later K types, will think about it

oh dear what have I gotten myself into.....off shopping on eBay again!!!

• Like 1

I'd like to see an avia as well that would just about be all 109's then

I am sorry.

I first wanted to do one, but I finaly went for a other "nose job" that was easier to build.

Cheers,

I've just picked up one of these conversions.

http://www.wernerswi...ker_V-14-32.png

I could be sorely tempted to build this one if the F-4 trop progresses well and I have time

I've got the LF Models resin kit of this in 1/72 and I had thought about doing it for this GB but doubt I'll have the time. Will look striking in beside the warbirds though.

Duncan B

Hi all, do any of the experten here know if the tail stiffenners that are on the revell F-4 kit i'm building are correct or should be removed, i have read a few comments that they should only be on the F-2?

Cheers, Stu :)

Hi all

I'm very tempted to join this GB as the 109 is one of my favourite aeroplanes, but i have to confess i know next to nothing about them, especially all the different versions. :sorry:

With this fact in mind, can anyone recommend a good starter reference book please?

I was thinking of joining with one of the Airfix kits, don't know which one yet as it depends what the model shop has when i go in.

Thanks very much

Antony

Hi all, do any of the experten here know if the tail stiffenners that are on the revell F-4 kit i'm building are correct or should be removed, i have read a few comments that they should only be on the F-2?

Cheers, Stu :)

That's my understanding, Stu. The stiffeners were a response to early 'tail falls off' problems that resulted from the removal of the braces on the E model, but production airframes had a beefed-up empennage. I have a book on test pilots, mostly Luftwaffe, that refers to this but unfortunately it is on loan so I can't give you much more than that at the moment.

Antony, almost any reference book on Luftwaffe aircraft generally should have a good elucidation of the various 109s. I have this book by David Mondey and it is in constant use. Of course, there are many subtleties (such as the tail stiffeners!) but the basic marks are fairly easy to identify relative to one another. The threads in this group build should give you a good idea, but the Airfix E (their G is very old), Academy Gs and Revell G10 are all easy to build, cheap to buy and produce good-looking models.

That's my understanding, Stu. The stiffeners were a response to early 'tail falls off' problems that resulted from the removal of the braces on the E model, but production airframes had a beefed-up empennage. I have a book on test pilots, mostly Luftwaffe, that refers to this but unfortunately it is on loan so I can't give you much more than that at the moment.

Cheers Peter - out with the sandpaper it is then :)

can anyone help me with my G14 I have no idea about how to possition the "inner flaps" or what the real name is, how much gap schould be between the upper and lower, and at what angle compared to the "flaps" to the right ? or am I free to make it in any position ?

IMG_37761.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all. Starting a bit late in this GB (Interwar GB Hawk had all of my spare time until now). I would like to join with the 1:48 Revell Bf 109 G-10, built in captured RAF colours, if that is OK?

Icarus

Edited by Icarus

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys I am in need of some help. I am bussy with the wings of a 1/32 109 from Hasegawa. The problem I run into is the wheelbay. Here are 2 holes for the external bulge of the wheels. The problem is how do you get rid of them without loosing any detail. I have tried the mr surfacer with some remover, but they are still there.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

Thought this might give a few of you Me109 builders a chuckle.

BlitzkreigME109jpgnew_zps317045cc.jpg

And just to prove that the truth can be sometimes stranger than fiction!

http://www.finewinesellers.co.uk/spirits-and-fortified/speciality-drinks/messer-schmitt-herbal-schnapps-700ml.html

Edited by Carts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...