Alien Invaders

I bought some old Games Workshop Dreadnoughts to go with a bunch of these:

UX01-PACK.JPG

But the little aliens didn't seem properly dressed... so I added some putty, put a few extra bits and bobs together and came up with this:

Visitor18.jpg

This is the first of three similar waves that will be led by this guy:

Visitor11_zps0c45909a.jpg

I still have a long way to go but it is a start :)

I won't be getting the GZG minis because they are a little too 'cartoon' for my liking, however, I do have another 40 of the same type planned to go with a further 8 walkers. I also plan to add two injured aliens (they have lost their psychic powers so can't protect themselves) in powered armour and riding fighting platforms. There will also be a few Reaper miniatures aliens added as a slave race... so there will be a small amount of variety :)

These ones (plus a few more):

2e23c93a30d280aef1ceacd99b7446d8.image.220x112.jpg

http://miniature-heroes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=487_501&products_id=24192

GZG makes X-COM guys?

Not....exactly. They make loads of different guys, some of which greatly resemble troops from the X-Com series, and the follow ons.

Best thing is to get a catalogue so you can see pics of all the different troop types, and pick and choose some suitable ones.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you :)

The greys were originally from here:

http://www.tengumodels.co.uk/

... and since I bought them, there have been a couple added to the store.

The walkers were snapped up on E-bay and are the old style Eldar Dreadnoughts/Wraithlords from Games Workshop. The hover platforms are the old Eldar gun-platforms.