Finished some time ago, after a very long and exhausting build!

Academy Su-27 UB Flanker

Quickboost nosecone!!! Neomega cockpit, Linden Hill decals "Flankers on Patrol", various missiles, Modified Dream Model + Aires exhausts :)

Here you are:

IMG_1968_1.jpg

IMG_1954_1.jpg

Cool and realisticly looking exhausts.... (Aries are too small, Dream Model too big... so I ,odified both sets to make one pair of nozzles)

IMG_1953_1.jpg

IMG_1952_1.jpg

IMG_1961_1.jpg

Hope you like it!

One last photo:

IMG_1975_1.jpg

Cheers, Werner

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 5

Love the slightly faded camo work. I would love to try and get that finish whenever it comes to getting my flanker out the stash.

Gorgeous, flipping gorgeous. may i ask what paint you used to get the faded look , its stunning. also how are the aries cans too small? i have a set for the single seater i will be building.

Gorgeous, flipping gorgeous. may i ask what paint you used to get the faded look , its stunning. also how are the aries cans too small? i have a set for the single seater i will be building.

Hi noeyedears, I used several paints, mainly white ensign models flanker colors + extra color X601 Flanker medium blue, some light grey and white added for fading

http://www.whiteensi....htm#MOD SOVIET

I don't know exactly about the aires cans, but I think their feathers are too rounded and the whole nozzle taper too much. At least my examples also don't match in diameter with the fuslage. maybe just mine.. (resin shrinkage?)

I just prefered the look of the Dream Models version, although it brought its own problems!

Thanks for your interest, looking forward to your flanker!

cheers

Edited by exdraken

I want to elaborate more about the nozzle /cans of the Su-27 Al-31 engine:

here a comparison with Trumpeters J-10 nozzle, which "should" be the same size...

IMG_2312_1.jpg

more detail, unfortunatly some are quite horribly painted... but you an see the Aires petal detail to be more rounded.

IMG_2314_1.jpg

size problem I found withe the aires cans:

IMG_2320_1_2.jpg

and now finally my adapted dream model version on the Su-27, probably just too big, compared to the other offerings:

IMG_2317_1.jpg

I am really looking forward to the new offering from Dream Model, which is announced for some time now and should not need this adaptation measures...

and there is also a new offering from Northstar Models

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=234928068&hl=

Thanks for looking,

exdraken

• Like 1

Northstar stuff looks mental 8-) i may have to try it. i saw a build using them which said they are a pain to fit though ;-(

Just to be sure are you saying the 1/48 nozzles are wrong or the 1/32?

Northstar stuff looks mental 8-) i may have to try it. i saw a build using them which said they are a pain to fit though ;-(

Just to be sure are you saying the 1/48 nozzles are wrong or the 1/32?

Hi,

I just built the ones in 1/48, you can see the differences in my photos above. Wrong or right is always difficult to determine Not fitting is the better description.

a pain to build thess pe nozzles :) but worth the effort imho

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...