Cold War Aircraft Modeller Issue 1: Sold Out!

Spence

When will you be posting out the mags to those of us not lucky enough to go over the weekend?

The other magazines that have been paid for via my Paypal account will be posted out this week. Those that have been reserved will be held on to for a few weeks, but if those that have reseved them haven't made a payment within that time, they will be sold on to other customers.

All the best - Spence :)

Ditto all the plaudits, always good to see someone putting time and effort into bringing something to the market.

Thanks so much! It was great to see you today and have a cup of tea and a chat!

See you again soon!

Spence :)

Well Spence it seems to have gone down very well and rightly so. Plenty more to come as discussed I'll get the article CD over to you this week,

Good to see you again mate and keep up the good work,

Andy

Thanks Andy - speak soon!

It was nice to meet you in the flesh General :) I am really looking forward to sitting down with the magazine and reading it properly. Had a peruse of it while resting my feet on Saturday and I was very impressed - looks like some very interesting stuff in there!

Blog updated for readers of Cold War Aircraft Modeller!

Hi everyone - now that the first edition of Cold War Aircraft Modeller is on sale, I have taken time to finally update my Blog and make it more in keeping with the look and feel of the magazine. I will be regularly updating it and using it to announce all of my plans, ordering information, upcoming features and the like. If anyone is interested in seeing what I am up to (or if you have already bought a copy of Issue One), please click the 'follow' button on my blog and it will give you all of the information you will ever need - especially when it comes to future issues. This will be the best way of keeping you the reader up to date on the current issue and the next one, which will be ready to go in the New Year. Once you've done that, you can add the page to your favourites and simply open each day for updates. Also, if anyone else needs information on the new magazine or would like to order a copy, please send them over and they can grab the details that they need to get in touch. Thanks a lot!!!

Here's the link:

http://workbenchmini...blogspot.co.uk/

• Like 1

I'm rubbing my hands with anticipation on this, and the mention of another mag. I admire your plans with all this, wish I had the nerve to start something like this. Another good thing about this forum being the enthusiasm from every one and the trust that your first copy will be quality!

I can see it having a cult following.

First thing I thought I'd mention is re postage. You mentioned that the magazine costs £8 plus £1.50 postage in the UK and £3 postage elsewhere around the world. But you don't mention those details in your blog, only the £3.00 bit. I'd say £2.00 UK max to cover postage as to send a mag 1st class post is currently £1.60. Sorry to be picky about that.

Very much looking forward to receiving it! And the next one, and the next one, and the next one!

Martin

First thing I thought I'd mention is re postage. You mentioned that the magazine costs £8 plus £1.50 postage in the UK and £3 postage elsewhere around the world. But you don't mention those details in your blog, only the £3.00 bit. I'd say £2.00 UK max to cover postage as to send a mag 1st class post is currently £1.60. Sorry to be picky about that.

Very much looking forward to receiving it! And the next one, and the next one, and the next one!

Martin

Hi Martin - I've updated my blog details; you were right, I had omitted the UK postage. I'm a bit confused by your point regarding my postage rates: you mention that the maximum cost of postage in the UK should be £2 and that it is currently £1.60 to post a magazine. I'm charging £1.50 for UK customers which is actually less than both! Am I missing something? Those details had only been placed there yesterday, all UK customers had been contacted directly with postage rates and no UK customer has been charged more than the £1.50 mentioned both on here, and via email/PM. I hope this clarifies my costs!

I picked up a copy from Spence at SMW and I can safely say it's a great mag :)

Thanks Andy - it was great to see you at the weekend and I'm so pleased that you like the magazine. It seems as though readers have been pleased by my approach to the magazine, both in terms of content and design and the desire I have to create something a little different from the norm!

All the best and see you soon!

HI everyone!

If you have ordered a copy to be posted out and have already paid, your copy will be going in the post at the end of this week. Sorry for the slight delay, but I have to finish some work for Tamiya Magazine first and then I'll be able to deal with my own stuff. All issues will be posted First Class, so it shouldn't be long before you receive your copies.

Thanks for your patience!

Hi Martin - I've updated my blog details; you were right, I had omitted the UK postage. I'm a bit confused by your point regarding my postage rates: you mention that the maximum cost of postage in the UK should be £2 and that it is currently £1.60 to post a magazine. I'm charging £1.50 for UK customers which is actually less than both! Am I missing something? Those details had only been placed there yesterday, all UK customers had been contacted directly with postage rates and no UK customer has been charged more than the £1.50 mentioned both on here, and via email/PM. I hope this clarifies my costs!

Hi Spence, sorry for sounding a bit obscure. What I was getting at was that the £1.50 you were charging was very good, was just assuming you were posting 1st class. Just didn't want to see you undercharging yourself. :)

Martin

Hi Spence, sorry for sounding a bit obscure. What I was getting at was that the £1.50 you were charging was very good, was just assuming you were posting 1st class. Just didn't want to see you undercharging yourself. :)

Martin

No worries - I was just a bit confused!