Blimey! That is a big boy - must have been enormous!

Nicely finished - like the rusty patches. What paint finishes have you used?

cheers

Rick

I do like that. I have one of those in a Monogram box, bought ages ago probably.

I at least have a Rivarossi (?) HO scale version of this for reference. It does look good on the track. I like big (small) model trains and also have the Rivarossi Cab Forward 4-8-8-2. Now if someone would bring out a model of that...

Blimey! That is a big boy - must have been enormous!

Nicely finished - like the rusty patches. What paint finishes have you used?

cheers

Rick

I used Revell acrylics and some oil named Marie's. For the rust I mostly used burnt umber, orange and red. But it's not that enormous, about 46 cm long I guess :)

Whoa! That's the biggest train I ever saw. Nice job there. What scale is that?

Thanks, it's 1/87 also known as HO Scale I guess :)

I do like that. I have one of those in a Monogram box, bought ages ago probably.

I at least have a Rivarossi (?) HO scale version of this for reference. It does look good on the track. I like big (small) model trains and also have the Rivarossi Cab Forward 4-8-8-2. Now if someone would bring out a model of that...

This is the reboxing of the monogram kit. I advise you build it, it was quite enjoyable for me. :)

Track dirt and general wear is difficult to get looking right on weathered rail models but that looks good to my eye - nice work

Thank you :) Honestly I don't know much about train models and this was my first so I checked a few tutorials over the net for the weathering. It came out quite satisfying for me. :)

Edited by seth2012chaos