This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Just finished the build, my first train model try which I enjoyed building. Looks more weathered in some of the pictures than it actually is somehow.

Regards...

f8luv.jpg

f8lwj.jpg

f8lwr.jpg

f8lwy.jpg

f8lx5.jpg

f8lxg.jpg

f8lxn.jpg

f8lxy.jpg

f8lyb.jpg

f8lyg.jpg

f8lyq.jpg

f8lyv.jpg

Blimey! That is a big boy - must have been enormous!

Nicely finished - like the rusty patches. What paint finishes have you used?

cheers

Rick

Whoa! That's the biggest train I ever saw. Nice job there. What scale is that?

I do like that. I have one of those in a Monogram box, bought ages ago probably.

I at least have a Rivarossi (?) HO scale version of this for reference. It does look good on the track. I like big (small) model trains and also have the Rivarossi Cab Forward 4-8-8-2. Now if someone would bring out a model of that...

Track dirt and general wear is difficult to get looking right on weathered rail models but that looks good to my eye - nice work

Blimey! That is a big boy - must have been enormous!

Nicely finished - like the rusty patches. What paint finishes have you used?

cheers

Rick

I used Revell acrylics and some oil named Marie's. For the rust I mostly used burnt umber, orange and red. But it's not that enormous, about 46 cm long I guess :)

Whoa! That's the biggest train I ever saw. Nice job there. What scale is that?

Thanks, it's 1/87 also known as HO Scale I guess :)

I do like that. I have one of those in a Monogram box, bought ages ago probably.

I at least have a Rivarossi (?) HO scale version of this for reference. It does look good on the track. I like big (small) model trains and also have the Rivarossi Cab Forward 4-8-8-2. Now if someone would bring out a model of that...

This is the reboxing of the monogram kit. I advise you build it, it was quite enjoyable for me. :)

Track dirt and general wear is difficult to get looking right on weathered rail models but that looks good to my eye - nice work

Thank you :) Honestly I don't know much about train models and this was my first so I checked a few tutorials over the net for the weathering. It came out quite satisfying for me. :)

Edited by seth2012chaos

Nice build

cheers

Norm

That would look fantastic on a layout as a point of interest. Love your build and weathering. Well done.

Wayne