Revell's new 1:32 Lynx - includes some HMA8 parts

Iain Ogilvie

The way Revell have designed it will lend itself nicely for a 'cut and shut'......just like Westlands*

*In fairness, the Wildcat despite initial similarities to a Lynx is very different indeed. Luckily the difficult bits like windscreen and main rotor blades are common.

so you are flying a "cut and shut"................................. does your insurance company know ? :whistle:

Today, bought the kit in the shop.

Indeed, there is an extra sprue (as already written in this tread) and an extra set of transparancies. Strangely, not noted in any REVELL instructions.

I see extra parts for:

- HMA8 nose

- foldable rear tail-end

- extra instrument panel (old style)

- winch parts

- extra flat cabin door window

- extra glass parts to suggest the intake screens/grills

(no parts for old fashioned nose)

I have updated the IPMS NL review: http://www.ipms.nl/a...-32-engels.html

Edited by meindert

Hi all

I've just been informed that Revell are releasing the RN version in Jan/Feb 2013 so you might want to wait, as the saying goes all good things come to those that wait. So I'm on hold till then.

Clive

Or buy both.

That's my plan!

I think and I could be wrong shape wise, you could have used the kit nose with the radome tub cut off and filled then soem filler to restore the shape. Might have saved you some time.

I did it on my HAS 3, but then I opened it up and build the scanner dish, etc, so the shape was lost!

Colin

I've got one of these coming. Sort of makes up for the disappointment of not being able to get to Telford this year. It would have been cool to get up close and personal with a Lynx, too.

• 2 weeks later...

The RN Lynx is due in January 2013 and has the Black Cat markings in the kit very nice.

I'll look forward to that. I have been guilty of taking the Black Cats for granted at many shows, but I will miss their pairs routine on the air show circuit.

I bet we won't be able to pick up that boxing for £15!

• 2 months later...

Started building the 1/32 Revell Lynx, will be made as a Dutch naval air service SH-14D with old nose. Nose was casted in resin.

Look here:

http://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/lynx-32/lynx-1.htm

Completed the conversion to a Dutch SH-14D, check out the link above.

lynx-mods.jpg

lynx-234.jpg

I have also reviewed the new Revell 1/32 Lynx HAS3 kit, which has become available last week.

Made a comparison of both kits, may be worthwhile to have a look at:

http://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/lynx-32/lynx-comparison.htm

has3-rev-box.jpg

Great kits! My HAS3 kit probably will be made straight out of the box for a change...

Happy modelling!

Meindert

My HAS 3 arrived yesterday - my plan is to cross kit to produce an HMA Mk 8 and an early (pre-'96) Bundesmarine Mk 88.

For latter I'll need to make a set of metal blades - anyone know if it's possible rto cut down/reprofile the kit blades - or is it scratch-build time?

Iain