Revell's new 1:32 Lynx - includes some HMA8 parts

Iain Ogilvie

As mentioned elsewhere - kit received - there's an extra sprue not shown in instructions that *looks* like it has the upper nose, different tail and a host of other parts for the HMA8!!

The sprue is labelled 'Q' and includes most of the parts I *think* you need to build a Royal Navy HMA8 - with a cut and shut plus hinges to add the differing tail to the tail boom as moulded by Revell.

Here's the sprue in question:

IMG_7795.JPG

EDIT: Almost tempted to make some patterns once I establish what needs to be done! ;)

(I know - should finish the Lightning stuff - but this looks a *lot* easier! ;))

Will post more pix/findings over next few days...

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

the 'missing' engine filters are moulded on the clear sprue, ready for either a piece of decal mesh or very fine metal, your choice

Great! Thanks!

Now I hope to see decals for the Portuguese Navy version!!!

Edited by luis pacheco
  • Like 1

This is great. Indeed not received for our IPMS NL Revell kit pre-review (noted here in our topic http://www.britmodel...topic=234928357 ).

These extra parts for the HMA8 are also usefull for the Dutch Lynx folding tail end. Strange it was not noted in the instructions for the kit Iain got.

I am currently making a master for the required old style nose for a Dutch Lynx (similar to HAS 2/3). Resin parts to be casted from this.

Edited by meindert

hello again, ted is right with being overtaken by the Heinkel 219, when did we last get TWO 1/32 kits issued at the same time from the same manufacturer , a lot of us are asking thank you but which one do i start with?, do not misread this, i am happy with that situation, and cannot wait to see ted's heinkel when completed, i always like his work

• Like 1

Not often Dave - a few concurrent Special Hobby releases spring to mind - but you're right - also sat here with the two new Revell boxes deciding which to start first!

Only thing holding me back on the Lynx is doing the rivets - do I order some rivet decals - and on the UHU I probably need better references than I have at present.

But also - two large and impressively detailed 1:32 models - for less than £70 - in this day and age?

IMHO the Lynx is even more of a steal than the UHU - a lot of very high quality plastic for the money. I thought the Arado 196 and Hawk kits were amazing value - the Lynx is even better value IMHO.

Iain (who's still researching the HMA8 possibilities)

i hear you ian, i have both the lynx and the UHU sat with me too, i agree that the lynx is the better bargain, especially with the extra sprue included oh dear what shall i do with it???, the uhu i could not resist it is my favourite german nightfighter, if i can say such a thing. and to get such a spread of parts and decal options too, i like it but i am not sure that anything later than the A-2 version can be built out of the box, and before the barrage of agruments start, when the more powerful engines were fitted to make the A-5 and later variants these had different props with a broader blade and i also believe that there is a spinner change also because of the bigger hub behind it, it always amuses me to see modellers models lumps and bumps on an airframe without understanding what is going on behind those pieces

IMHO the Lynx is even more of a steal than the UHU - a lot of very high quality plastic for the money.

I must say that, being used to spending money on 1/35 armour kits of the mainly Dragon variety, I can't believe how Revell have managed to knock the Lynx out with all that is in the box for just over £20 delivered. Amazing value!

Mike.

I take it that there are no British decals included with the kit? Don`t RN Lynx have a different sliding door to the German version or am I mistaken? I was really looking forward to the HAS.3 version that was listed with this new kit,

cheers,

Tony O

hello again, ted is right with being overtaken by the Heinkel 219, when did we last get TWO 1/32 kits issued at the same time from the same manufacturer , a lot of us are asking thank you but which one do i start with?, do not misread this, i am happy with that situation, and cannot wait to see ted's heinkel when completed, i always like his work

The 219 UHU is here

http://tedtaylor.hobbyvista.com/160-he-219/page-160-revell-he-219-.html

• Like 1

Ted

Always loved your work, and this one is no exception, one suggestion, you need to have it sitting next to a Me109 etc to show its size

Cheers

Norm

I take it that there are no British decals included with the kit? Don`t RN Lynx have a different sliding door to the German version or am I mistaken? I was really looking forward to the HAS.3 version that was listed with this new kit,

cheers,

Tony O

Hiya Tony - no RN decals - just the two German airframes.

Yes - Port side door has window in different position - but looks like a simple cut and shut.

I too was excited because I thought it would include HAS.3 parts and decals - changed to despondency on Monday after I placed order when I saw Revell instruction sheet - which only shows parts for the 88. Hence very excited when I saw the parts for HMA.8.

Ted - love your UHU - just about to start mine this weekend... :) See you @ Telford?

Iain

wonder if lynks will be on sale a telford if 20 pound it will be good

It will be. I've ordered one from Hannants who have them in stock. If you give as delivery adress "Collect form Telford Show" you get a 10% discount.

Cheers,

Erik.

Just got mine from local model shop in Halifax this morning after going in just for Tamiya smoke (yes could probably get cheaper online but I like to try and support the little shop when I can).

Probably won't start it for a year or so but I'm loving taking it out of the box for a fondle. By then there will be 1/32 Black Cats decals available and I know what I'm gonna try to make with it!

Nice one Revell.

Edited by khimbar