New Freightdog items planned for SMW 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm suitably confident that most of my Telford releases are going to make it, so here is what to expect you might be able to find on my stand (all 1/72 unless noted otherwise);

- Tornado GR4/4A conversion (contains parts to make one of each, ie two FLIR and one Linescan fairing). For Revell GR1 kit

- MBDA Brimstone Missile set (one carrier and three missiles per set), available in 1/72 and 1/48.

- Jaguar GR1 to GR3A weapon set (2x two 264 Gal drop tanks, overwing Sidewinder rails, Phimat pod, AN/ALQ-101 jammer pod.

AN/ALE-40 chafff/flare despensers, offset blade aerial). For Hasegawa kit

- CLBS-100 carrier with truncated tail (applicable to RAF Jaguars, sold as a pair), for Hasegawa kit

- Spitfire Mk.22 improvement set (contains 11ft prop, long gun barrels, main wheels), for Airfix kit

- Spitfire Mk.24 conversion set (contains 11ft 10 inch prop, short gun barrels, main wheels, hatch scribing template, Seafire style u/c

doors). Note some Mk.24's where fitted with cranked u/c doors as carried by 40 series Seafires, these were also fitted to some

refurbished export airframes.

- Kayaba Ku-4 Ram-jet intake (contains replacement ramjet face to replace turbine blades in Meng kit). Two per set.

- Grumman Avenger ECM.6 (includes full interior, clear resin canopies, photoetch and decals for XB446 in FAA service). For

Hasegawa TBM-3 kit.

- Brits at Sea Pt.II decals (options for Avenger AS.4, AS.5, Skyraider AEW.1, Seafire XV, 17, 46, Anson, Sea Fury, and Attacker)

- Pegasus varnished light and dark wood decals

Sets that have not made it, but will be ready soon after are the Seafire F/FR.46 and Tempest Mk.VI conversions. Prices on all the above to be confirmed, and will be listed on my website immediately after SMW.

See you in a couple of weeks!

Colin

Hi Colin

I am interested in the Tornado conversion and the Jaguar weapons set. How much are they and will you operate a reserve and collect service for Telford?

Hi, prices to be confirmed next week, if you are OK with them then reserving to collect and pay at Telford is no problem.

Colin

Hey Colin,

Since I see you have 1/72 Skyraider AEW.1 decals on the way are there any plans for an AEW.1 conversion set?

No plans, infact I was hoping John Adams might re-issue his!

Colin

Morning Colin,

to reserve, is there a collect option when ordering on your website, or is it a pm jobbie?

Ta.

Hello, yes pm to reserve items is fine thanks

Colin

- Grumman Avenger ECM.6 (includes full interior, clear resin canopies, photoetch and decals for XB446 in FAA service). For

Hasegawa TBM-3 kit.

Hi, what scale is the above, please?

Colin

Any progress yet on prices for the new releases please? I'm looking forward to placing my advance order!

Not all of them, but Spitfire 22 set is £4.70, Spitfire 24 is £5.50 and Avenger ECM.6 probably £18.00. All the components of these sets have arrived so just finishing off instructions now. Other sets pricing is still to be confirmed.

Thanks.

Colin

Quick question for you: will the Jaguar GR3 overwing sidewinder rails work for a RAF GR1/GR1A? If so, color me intrigued.

The overwing pylon masters are based on photo's of rails fitted to a GR3, I cannot see any noticeable difference to GR1/1A but I'm sure someone here will tell me if there is!

Colin

Any chance of the return of the EAP?

Someday, but not this year!

Colin

Colin,

Can I reserve at Spit 22 set, the Mustang IV conversion please for collection at SMW. I am also interested in the Brits at Sea decal sheet. Will the Avenger conversion fit either the Airfix or Academy Avengers? The Hasegawa ones are a bit hard to come by!

Thanks,

John

Colin,

Can I reserve at Spit 22 set, the Mustang IV conversion please for collection at SMW. I am also interested in the Brits at Sea decal sheet. Will the Avenger conversion fit either the Airfix or Academy Avengers? The Hasegawa ones are a bit hard to come by!

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

The Academy kit is a TBM-1 so engine cowling is not the same, the Airfix kit is not so bad once you de-rivet it(!), but to be honest I have not tried to fit it. The Hasegawa kit has just been re-issued at around the £35 mark for a twin set (TBM-1C/TBM-3) which is actually quite good value, if you shop around at the show I'm sure you will find one cheaper to. I also have an Avenger AEW conversion due soon, which could be used with the other kit (the -1C) as it will have a TBM-3 intake ring in resin. This is the High Planes plastic parts with new (Dutch + others) decals, only trouble is I have not done any decals yet!

Colin

• Like 1