1/32 Sea Fury FB.II

First aircraft posting on here for me.

Picked up the Hobbycraft 1/32 kit very cheaply, it was the Desert fighter version so I bought an Xtradecal set so, at least, I could get an EDSG over sky aircraft.

I also bought the Fisher prop as I was buying one of his excellent race car resin kits anyway, also got their FAA pilot figure as I was in for the postage cost from the US anyway. Pilot is currently a wip.

The kit was fairly dissapointing and I would be heartbroken if I had paid RRP for it. Basically it is a lack of detail, there are not many parts in the kit. The canopy is moulded in one piece and the framing is engraved on the inside. I left it in one piece and just added masking tape belts to the seat as not much can be seen through it.

I was puzzled by the wingtip lights being seperate parts but moulded in grey plastic? I made new parts from clear sprue.

I am pleased with the end result though. I love the FAA aircraft and schemes so it is a welcome addition to my display cabinet.

C&C is welcome, good or bad.

Thanks,

Steve.

005.jpg

003.jpg

001-1.jpg

• Like 1

That looks great, I built one of those as a break from my usual type of builds and it worked great, a very cheap and simple kit, but in the end it builds up well, nice job.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

That looks lovely to me. :thumbsup2:

I picked up the desert one cheap, as well. Like you, I also ordered the Xtradecals and Fisher prop. While I was at it, I ordered the Fisher wheel well. When it arrived, however, I actually had the cockpit set in the wheel well box. Now I could have sent it back for a refund, except... the Fisher cockpit is a thing of beauty.

I'll have to re-order the wheel well set at some point in the future. :rolleyes:

:goodjob:

Thanks for the positive feedback, much appreciated.

Pretty sure my next build will be the 1/32 Tiger Moth. Want to replicate DF 112 flown by Classic Wings. I went up in her earlier this year, it was my 50th B'day prezzy from my better half.

Cheers, Steve.