SAAB 105

Well as I proposed this particular GB, I thought I really ought to get on with something. I have a good selection of kits available, but thought I would start with something that no-one else seems to have chosen (so far); so here it is, a Marivox SAAB 105.

The kit looks fairly simple, nicely molded plastic with very little surface detail. The kit comes with some nice etched metal to do some detailing and an excellent selection of (what appear to be) well printed decals giving options for a standard Swedish Air Force Sk 60, an Sk 60 from the SwAF display team, a photo recon version as well as a couple of Austrian AF options including a very nice Tiger scheme - decisions, decisions. Photos to follow shortly when I have edited them down in size a little.

Yet another Swedish aircraft about which I know absolutely nothing :banghead: !

Looks a great little aircraft though and I'm seriously impressed (and surprised) by the variety of subjects coming out of this GB.

Cheers

Cliff

• 1 month later...

Right as the host I thought I really ought to get on with building my entry; now that I am on leave for 18 days :thumbsup: and work is behind me until Jan I have a little more opportunity. So much for me hoping to do a Viggen and a Swedish armoured vehicle as part of this GB :shrug: The kit is reasonably well detailed and I appear to have a version with additional PE so I have started work. There is quite a lot of flash on the parts and the plastic is quite brittle so I will have to be careful as I progress. Some work on the cockpit so far:B8A59DDF-5FCD-48B0-9167-34ED7E22DCDF-846-000000BA0A9DFDBC.jpg

• 1 month later...

Right, now I have access to a propwer computer not an iThingy, a little progress

The Marivox kit is quite basic, although the etched metal do add some lovely touches (although probably beyond my skill levels - anyone know of anywhere on the web that does a msterclass in the use of etched metal?). The gates on the sprues are huge which makes removing the parts from the sprue a bit of a challenge. The fit of parts is a little hit and miss and the surface detail very basic, but this should build into a reasonable representation of the 105. I'm just working on the rear engine parts and this area is going to need some filler. More to follow.

105_zps259f27b4.jpg

This kit is really a challenge! I built it once, and as you say, it is possible to build it to a good representation of a Saab 105. But it takes huge amounts of patience! However, your build looks really good.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...