New Revell 1/32 He-219 Instructions

John

Looks great... more akin to the 88 than the 111, I'm hoping. Looking at the detail they've included on the inside of the canopy, I think I might be right :pray:

Meantime I'll keep :Tasty: until the review sample rocks up :yahoo:

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to getting hold of this kit, but having looked through the instructions I find myself wishing that Revel would give their modern kits more modern instructions. The design and layout hasn't really changed in decades and given how amazing the kits are they could really benefit from less cluttered instruction sheets with CAD drawings.

Looks like another fantastic Revell kit though so another 'must buy'

Cheers,

Stuart

Looks good! I hope revel scale it down to 1/72 !

How would that be useful if you consider Dragon makes a very good one already?

I'd rather prefer a new accurate Do 17 / 217 series

• Like 1

I had a very bad experience with the dragon one!

All I know is the fuselage halves don't meet exactly, I had to insert a piece of1.5 mm at one of the ends (where the tail planes sit) after aligning it to the panel lines.

It solved that problem quite satisfactory.

Didn't finish it yet tho so there maybe more surprises ...

Edited by occa

My darling wife has got one on order for me from my local branch of Modelzone...unfortunately, I suspect it is going to end up brightly wrapped in special paper and placed under the Christmas Tree!!

Just for those of us who aren't so aware of size and requirements on shelves...

Does anyone know the measurements for this kit yet? I'm keen to get one, but suspect that it will end up scaring the cat away!

Should be around 49cm long and 58cm wingspan (or approx 20" x 24") based on the listed dimensions on Wikipedia.

Chaps,

What's the speculation on likely price? Twin engined, 1/32nd = lots of moolah. However, Revell are very keenly priced . . . .

regards,

Martin

The RRP is £49.99, and I think they're on the verge of shipping them to retailers & reviewers any day now... I'll try & get our review out the same day it arrives, if other pressures permit ;)

I've trouble finding room for my Tamiya one on the shelf....but it is my favourite Heinkel and I'm very very tempted.