1/32nd Abbot SPG

Acky190

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone made a 1/32nd kit of the old Abbot, which was the forerunner to the AS-90, I had read somewhere that Matchbox used to produce one which would surprise me as they didn't make any other 1/32nd military kits that I know of and an online search has proved fruitless. That is apart from the Airfix polyprop toy "Models". Can anyone shed any further light on this?

Alex

Nobody ever did an Abbot in plastic as far as I can remember, and at least in this case I think my memory is reliable.

Possibly the original chap who thought Matchbox had done one was thinking of Frog who re-popped some of the US military kits from IPC or Renwal, which included at least one US SP gun. Matchbox did repop some US kits from AMT in particular but they tended to he automotive stuff like the 1/24 Caterpillar D8H dozer. So there is some scope for confusion there ...

There was a curious japanese kit of the 1960s

http://home.comcast....bbot_boxtop.jpg

Funnily enough there was one on ebay earlier this week

From a very fuzzy memory, curious is the write word for this kit!

Accurate Armour make in 1/35th in resin, which is accurate, as you say pricey but probably cheaper than the ancient Japanese one on eBay!

jh

Edited by jch_in_uk