Chilean A-37 Dragonfly

sean

Chilean Dragonfly, built from the box, bit of a pig but nonetheless, here it is. Not really

happy with how it turned out, it was a pain to finish for some reason. Decals are

Microscale, they went on well, but could do with a matt varnish to tone them down a bit.

P9250057.jpg?t=1348683662

With thanks to Panzer Paulo and Radleigh for their help on colours. Painted by brush and using

Humbrol enamels as per usual.

P9250058.jpg?t=1348683619

Also forgot to put weight in the nose :oops:

All comments welcome as usual

Sean

• Like 2

yeah!! 602!! Cool jet!

I like what I see, very much, could use some weathering, but I'm all-in on weathering everything now....

May I propose some gloss and later a satin barnish? justo so see if the silvering on the decals goes down...

• Like 1

Thanks guys, just realised I forgot to put the aerials on :banghead: .

What scale is this?

It's 1/72 Hasegawa J3

yeah!! 602!! Cool jet!

May I propose some gloss and later a satin barnish? justo so see if the silvering on the decals goes down...

Thought the same myself, but no varnish at hand at the minute, it's something I don't use, but these decals do need it.

Sean

• Like 1

I quite like that. The A-37 is a cool plane in it's own right and is a great subject if you like smaller air forces as subjects.

I also respect brush painting, I reverted to traditional brush painting after a few years with an airbrush.

If I may ask, isn't the instrument coaming on most A-37s black or very dark grey? On your model, you have it in the colour of the surrounding fuselage area.

The decal silvering should be fairly easy to clear up with a bit of Micro Sol decal solution brushed over the decals. I'd do that before trying to put a varnish coat down, varnish can trap the silvering.

Edited by upnorth

If I may ask, isn't the instrument coaming on most A-37s black or very dark grey? On your model, you have it in the colour of the surrounding fuselage area.

The decal silvering should be fairly easy to clear up with a bit of Micro Sol decal solution brushed over the decals. I'd do that before trying to put a varnish coat down, varnish can trap the silvering.

You're right about the coaming, just noticed now that it's been mentioned :banghead: . I do have Micro Sol, so I'll give that a go, cheers. As I said before, it was a pain to finish....and still is!!

Sean