1/32 - Gloster Meteor F.Mk.4 by HK Models - released - new Profimodeller decals

Homebee

Excellent! I can though see two immediate 'issues' with the Meatbox (apart from it not being a Mk 8!) but neither of which would be difficult to correct (Glazed NF-type door and protruding cannon barrels) . Looks like a very nicely detailled undercarriage bay!

Yeah - I'll have one!

Yeah - I'll have one!

Yep me too.

Have to agree it's a shame it's not an F.8 but hopefully some enterprising manufacturer of conversion parts will come to our rescue there!

The obvious errors that Bill has pointed out aren't too onerous and can be dealt with, I can understand how they made the mistake with the NF nosegear door (poor research) but those cannon barrels are pure fantasy!

Any ideas when we're likely to see this beastie?

Wez

Edited by Wez

The Meteor looks like a test shot to me and so some changes will probably be made prior to production.

Having built several test shots for various manufacturers I can vouch for the fact that some parts may be too large/small or simply the wrong shape altogether.

Also they come minus instructions and the test builder is left to figure out how parts fit....I suggest that the builder here has mis-placed the cannons, I'm betting the ones in the final kit will be correct....

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Test shot at iHobbyExpo in the US.

Source: http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/ihe13.shtml

HK Models

HK Models was on display at their US importer, Stevens International. While they didn't have a display large enough for build-ups of the recent 1/32 B-25s and B-17G kits, a build was there for the upcoming 1/32 Gloster Meteor kit. This kit looks great and I hope we'll see a Meteor F.8 to follow!

ihe13_017t.jpg

ihe13_046t.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

It's a shame it's not a wartime F3.

Cheers

Dennis

I think many, many more would be disappointed it's not an F.8 - waaaaay more markings options!

Wez

Edited by Wez

Re the F8

If they don't plan to do one I hope they make it clear soon that they won't. That way so an enterprising aftermarket company can mould a resin tail, fuselage plug and you are about there for an F8 conversion with a few more minor mods and a decal sheet.

I bet that thought has crossed the minds of a few already - PLEASE!!