blohm & voss bv141 b-02 airfix 1/72

foureyes

I decided to have a pop at something a little smaller and a bit more fun. The Bf110d3 I al doing is great but am not getting enough time to sink my teeth into it properly. So today I grabbed this one. Seen a few pics and its a strange one. I think in all ten craft were built for evaluation but they weren't taken up for service. Shame because its a lovely looking thing. IMAG0487-1.jpg

The canopy looks evil... I am not going to enjoy masking that!!! IMAG0488.jpg

Lots of rivets and raised detail but its staying. Like I said this is for light relief. IMAG0489.jpg.

IMAG0490.jpg.

There is some detail in the cockpit but I think I am going to put the crew in. One lays on his belly and fires from the rear, using a small opening.

Cheers for looking. Patience appreciated as I may get no further than opening the box.

Kev.

Edited by foureyes

Unusually. The first thing I did was close up the fuse. Then joined on one wing, a stubby middle wing and the tail, all before I got near the cockpit. Lost some surface detail but no biggy. A little filling and sanding but only minimal. Here's so far with the cockpit in situ. IMAG0491.jpg

That's all for tonight.

Kev.

I hadn't realised this kit had an all-transparent cockpit! Paintng it and the framework might be interesting!

I have a short run 1/48 kit (MPM?) of this aircraft somewhere. I might just try to find it having seen your thread.

Best of luck!

Jonny

I hadn't realised this kit had an all-transparent cockpit! Paintng it and the framework might be interesting!

I have a short run 1/48 kit (MPM?) of this aircraft somewhere. I might just try to find it having seen your thread.

Best of luck!

Jonny

The cockpit detail is minimal but the airfix canopy is so thick nothing will be seen.

Light relief ?

I bet you do iron man competitions for relaxation :rofl:

Apart from the canopy its a simple build. And interesting too. Been good looking for reference pics of something I am unfamiliar with. It will certainly stand out from the others on the shelf.

Kev

Great choice Kev. I've got one in my stash too - just waiting for an excuse to build it!

Don't know if you've seen the first prototype? It's possibly even weirder...

bv141v.jpg

Cheers

Cliff

I decided to have a pop at something a little smaller and a bit more fun. The Bf110d3 I al doing is great but am not getting enough time to sink my teeth into it properly. So today I grabbed this one. Seen a few pics and its a strange one. I think in all ten craft were built for evaluation but they weren't taken up for service. Shame because its a lovely looking thing. IMAG0487-1.jpg

The canopy looks evil... I am not going to enjoy masking that!!! IMAG0488.jpg

Lots of rivets and raised detail but its staying. Like I said this is for light relief. IMAG0489.jpg.

IMAG0490.jpg.

There is some detail in the cockpit but I think I am going to put the crew in. One lays on his belly and fires from the rear, using a small opening.

Cheers for looking. Patience appreciated as I may get no further than opening the box.

Kev.

I've got on of these in my stash as well. It's a nice little kit AND, you will doubtless be relieved to learn that Eduard produce a set of paper masks for the glazing!! I built one before - several years ago. Built it straight from the box with a bit more internal detail added from plastic card & strip. Assembled very easily but, that cockpit framing!!!!!!! Think I was a nervous wreck after finishing it!! No Eduard masks in THEM days!! :lol:

The only real fit issue I experienced was, yes that's right, the transparencies!!. A bit of careful filing & filling took care of it.

Enjoy!

Allan

Allan