Otto Kissenberth Albatros D.V

TerryJones

_DSC05402.jpg

The Bavarian Knight oil on canvas

Otto Kissenberth was one of three German aces to wear spectacles during the war, Bernet and Wintgens being the other two. Kissenberth most often flew an Albatros D.V with yellow and white Edelweiss painted on its fuselage. Credited with 20 victories his last was scored in a captured Sopwith Camel. Less than two weeks later, on the evening of 29 May 1918, he was seriously injured when he crashed the British fighter. He was awarded the Pour le Merit whilst recovering in hospital. Returning to duty later that year, he served as commanding officer of the Schliessheim flying school until the end of the war. In 1919, Kissenberth was killed in a climbing accident while mountaineering in the Bavarian Alps.

Cheers,

Terry

• Like 2

Hi Terry. Great work, I like the alterations to the painting, I thought the sky was too blue in you first post then in the scond I think you have it about right. Wonderful subject.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks mate :) I've made a few very small changes. Added a little surface control movement and took a little light off the tail.AlbatrosKissenberthmaster1.jpgTerry

most EXCELLENT.

looks far more EXQUISITE with that extra touch..

Well done Sir.

:worthy:

• Like 1

Thanks mate, I really appreciate you having a look at my work and very pleased you like it :)

Terry

I have an appreciation of art and beauty it represents. Of course We all have

Our favorite genre of art work. And different instruments..chalk, pm col. Acrylics, etc..

Sister is artist she trained at an art school etc in the UK..

SHE studied interior design, architecture and of course also had to paint and pencil sketch the nudes etc... :blush:

She used to bring her drawing of nudes home and MY late

Father would look and blush at his young daughters talented paintings and drawings..

In HER younger days MY MOM also sketched and painted as she had a German artist as her personal tutor during the

British Raj..

So all I can do is look and admire people like you etc..

By the way did you ever show your stuff at MANCHESTER UNIVERSITY a few years back?

Something tells ME. I might have seen your work on show!!

Anyhoo keep doing your thing!! It takes a lot of innate talent and eye for detail to be a successful artis like you and MY sister..

:thumbsup:

Thanks for your comments Houston :) it's a real lift when someone takes interest in your work, as your Mom and Sis will probably tell you it isn't always the case :( I may have had some of my work at the university as part of an exihibition with Manchester Aviation Art Society though I don't remember.

I remember the nude models at art college though, one of them was 17 and very pretty! One morning the tutor had her bend over for some reason giving me a right birds eye view! He told us all to get up and move around until we found a suitable spot to draw her, I was the only one who didn't move!! I couldn't! Oh happy days :)

Cheers,

Terry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...