F/A-18 wheels in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32 Northstarmodels

Northstar Models

That name sounds familiar...are you the guy who made a 1/48 EB-57 conversion a while back? Maybe that was Lone Star! Duuhhh!

Anyhoo, I needz these! Trying WEM now...nope, not listed yet. Grrrrr!

Edited by BrandX

I'm waaaay behind on getting all new gear added to our catalog. Hang in there!

I'm hanging Sir, I'm hanging!

("Give us a SIGN....OK, thanks, that was special...")

• 1 month later...

Any sign of these at UK retail level yet? I was kinda hoping to grab some within my lifetime...

PS: tried to order via website, but payment method is news to me -what the heck is '2checkout'? Visa or PayPal just might get a few more takers.

Edited by BrandX

Ah just been back on the site, when i ordered the chap just sent me a direct paypal invoice, its changed now.

You got more than I did! When I try to 'checkout' on the site, I can't get any further.

I wasn't trying to be rude; I just don't have this problem with any other (of many) suppliers, so I was hoping there would be a more useful source.

Well, I got an e-mail from North Star today confirming my order (YAY!!!); it had a link to a payment gateway that seemed to actually work this time -so, all good then!

Ah, but then another e-mail arrived right after paying (by VISA)...this describes the transaction as a 'DEMO ORDER: This order will not be processed. No items will be shipped and you will not be charged'.

To be honest, I'm feeling a little :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: , but let's see what happens...

I put an order in at the airport last night went thru to the payment stage where it says this is a demo.

This morning i got an email from Alexey at northstar saying the online payment is still not working and included a paypal invoice

Bit of a breakthrough: had an e-mail from Alexey at North Star, quoting the order # and giving payment details for PayPal.

He now has a message on his front page, confirming that credit/debit card payment facilities are still pending.

Do check out his stuff, it looks seriously cool and it's really good to know that you can actually get it!

• 3 weeks later...

I received my Hornet wheel order direct from North Star just before Christmas.

One word about these items- Excellent!

Until I got my 1/32 scale items I did not realize how inaccurate the Academy kit items where. Comparing the North star items with photo's, they look spot on :goodjob:

The main hub design is very clever, you can see the hub/shaft area inside the hub slots like on the real deal.

My only small gripe is there are no molded flat spots on the wheels but being a USN jet the tyre's are pumped up hard its easy to just file/sand a flat spot as the real items don't show a real bulge near the bottom.

Recommended.......

Shaun

Edited by Shaun

Hello dear friends.

Unfortunately, 2CO does not fully activate the system of auto payment on our site, so I have to hand-write a letter to each customer with payment options. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but we are doing everything to enable the automatic payments as soon as possible.

Edited by Northstar Models