Revell Tornado in 1:144

First crack at a Tonka and indeed a 1:144 scale kit. Kit is rather excellent and look forward to giving it a desert storm sand blasting

IMAG0071_zpsdf887074.jpg

IMAG0073-1_zps98ead740.jpg

New seat sides added to beef them out a bit.

IMAG0074-1_zps26fcd6ea.jpg

Head rest boxes built up and piping, framework added. Ejector handles drilled into right panel and added to left. IMAG0077-1_zps93719138.jpg

Centre screen added with tamiya clear green. Throttle quadrant added to pilots pit along with sundry controls. IMAG0078-1_zps95582e44.jpgIMAG0079-1_zps51de52ca.jpg

Completed seats with straps, painted eject handles etc. IMAG0081-1_zps4a73069b.jpg

And added to the tub, fire extinguisher, parachute firing tubes.....

IMAG0083-1_zpsd3b86eec.jpg

• Like 1

Bloody hell, that's some amazing work there. Will be keeping an eye on this build :) I think the retro wings cockpit should fit this model. Ill have to check it... Or is that the out of print you mentioned??

Dazz

Yes straight from box. With bits of wire, plasticard etc. I believe there's a rather amazing resin set for this kit but it's o.o.p.

Retro kit do a resin cockpit set, but given the standard you've achieved I suggest it'd be redundant.

Retro kit mod looks good but only partially improves on revell tub out of the box. Seats are an improvement though. Set I saw was by someone like Gilles models and was on par with Aires etc even at that scale. Out of production now as far as I know.

• 3 weeks later...

Decals done including microscopic no-step stencils. Various layers of Klear and oil wash weathering. Airbrush weathering followed once all sealed in with Klear. No apologies for heavy weathering. Looking at operation Granby Tornados that are frankly well manky. Still needs U/C, canopy, and a few scratch built doodads that aren't in the kit.

IMAG0117-1_zps4b99fec7.jpg

IMAG0115-1_zps84d88e98.jpg

IMAG0122-1_zps425b577d.jpg

IMAG0120_zpsc8b588e6.jpg

For those with big beady eyes for cockups here's the AAM's on the correct side. You'd need good eyes to see the tailerons are on upside down. It currently has "no step" stencils underneath!!

IMAG0124-1_zps4b593279.jpg

Edited by Tango Fox

It's not my scale either. I am new back to model making and having a go at all the scales. But 1:144 is too small. Fantastic for storage and at a show you could gets hundreds on a table. Otherwise it's like neuro surgery.... On a ladybird.... That won't stay put.