-Another Beaufighter, the first one in the night

- Beaufrighter NF Mk II; The base of the kit is from TAMIYA of course and a resin transkit for the engines and flat stabilators. And as usual the scale is 48'.This time I may have been somewhat hand heavy on the chiping of the paint, mostly on the spinners,and generally the weathering look too heavy, what do you think of this ?

IMG_7618.jpg

IMG_7617.jpg

IMG_7615.jpg

IMG_7614.jpg

IMG_7613.jpg

IMG_7612.jpg

IMG_7611.jpg

IMG_7608.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_7606.jpg

IMG_7605.jpg

Edited by IPMS19
  • Like 1

Very interesting. Fantastic finish painting. It seems to me that the wing has a small stroke, but it can be just a picture.

Not really sure what you mean. Can you explain?

As for the build it's really cool. Please tell how you did the weathering.

The weathering is a little heavy for my taste in places (I agree that you could reduce the chipping on the spinners), but then you do see some pretty filthy Beaufighters in photos, and overall it looks very good!

Edited by Vulcanicity

Looks pretty good to me, it certainly looks like it's seen some life. :thumbsup2:

How did you get the chipped effect? It looks very convincing.

Pete

- First, paint the model in metal, take care, it's does'nt work with Alclad, then paint your model the color you wish, I use acrylics paints, with matt paints its works better; then scrap with a tooth pick or a cropped needle or even a small screw driver or so, the place you want to see metal appear, for bigger scrap, you can use adhesiv tape....

Edited by IPMS19
  • Like 1