1/48 F4Models 1960s Royal Navy Heavy Flight Deck Tractor

OzH

This is the F4Models 1960s Heavy Flight Deck Tractor operated by the Royal Navy. I came across this from Homebee’s post in Rumourmonger section of BM here:

http://www.britmodel...topic=234923203

So bought one directly from Phantom models and got to work on it straight away…

This is what it looks like finished next to its shipping box:

RNDectTractor030.jpg

To get to this stage only took a few hours work, I did add some additional detail, fire extinguishers, gear stick on the steering column, the instrument dash and a few other lumps that are present on the Fleet Arm Museums example…

RNDectTractor001.jpg

RNDectTractor005.jpg

RNDectTractor003.jpg

Here she is finished

RNDectTractor012.jpg

RNDectTractor014.jpg

RNDectTractor016.jpg

RNDectTractor015.jpg

And on deck with some aircraft of a similar period…

RNDectTractor018.jpg

RNDectTractor020.jpg

RNDectTractor023.jpg

RNDectTractor027.jpg

Edited by OzH
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

>> but they dont give the postage costs, what did you have to pay?

Dear sir,

Typical shipping cost for one kit is around $8; it depends on the actual weight of the kit, but doesn't vary much for different destinations.

As the founder of the F4Models company and manufacturer of these kits, I'll be happy to answer questions should you have any.

Best regards,

Alex

>> but they dont give the postage costs, what did you have to pay?

Dear sir,

Typical shipping cost for one kit is around $8; it depends on the actual weight of the kit, but doesn't vary much for different destinations.

As the founder of the F4Models company and manufacturer of these kits, I'll be happy to answer questions should you have any.

Best regards,

Alex

Thanks Alex

regards

Chris

• 2 months later...

That's a great little tractor. I do like the etched grille with 'Douglas' badging.

It would be great if someone more mainstream could come up with a full range of tugs and tractors in the popular scales but that really is wishful thinking!

>> It would be great if someone more mainstream could come up with a full range of tugs and tractors

Well... I can promise you that someone less mainstream is still going to try and come up with at least some of the tractors.

It would be up to you to decide whether that said someone is up to the job.

>> It would be great if someone more mainstream could come up with a full range of tugs and tractors

Well... I can promise you that someone less mainstream is still going to try and come up with at least some of the tractors.

It would be up to you to decide whether that said someone is up to the job.

Ooh, sounds intriguing! I apologise if it looks like I used the word 'mainstream' as a negative comment, it's just it seems that when kits of modern ground equipment do get produced they tend to be either resin or white metal and (understandably given the media used) prohibitively expensive........

Edited by paul_c

• 3 weeks later...