1/144th injection molded AVRO VULCAN! WIN

robvulcan

Hi guys ive been off the scene for about 6 months due to various reasons but im back now and wanted to share with you what i think is exciting news.

I do not know if this has already been broken on here but there appears to be a new 1/144th scale plastic injection moulded avro vulcan which for me is fantastic news as im sure it will be for many who think the airfix is too big or the dragon too small.(i think not for either but anyways) this model looks fantastic to me here is a link to the test shot models

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=TOY-SCL2-14156

I have just picked 1 up off ebay and when it lands here i will do a review/build of the new kit.

cheers Rob

Hi Rob,

we are expecting one for review shortly so we've probably got that review covered, thanks for the offer.

Look forward to seeing your build of it on here.

cheers

Mike

cheers mike i cant wait for that. ill definatly do a build thread for it looks a gorgeous bit of plastic so far.

i just thought id get behind the product and support it as i hope it proves to be a popular release and i myself will build a few more than likely (obsessed with vulcans)

i hope one day someone like airfix will do a new tool vulcan b1

indeed lets hope they do victors valiants both mk1 and 2 would be a dream come true plus mk1 vulcan but this alone is fine for me its already a dream come true be nice to have a shakleton nimrod and vc10 there too ive not heard of this company before is pit road the company name and skywave the line ?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/item.aspx?It_c=10195496

The Abouve link has sprue shots and instructions look well designed one piece intakes and thought given to swappable parts to give future releases of different vulcans such as engine pies engine exhausts tail tops radar nose thimble etc getting very excited about this one ;)

Engine pies? Really?

flipping iPhone auto correct its a pain sometimes I ment pipes lol. I imagine engine pies would hurt your teeth all that metal chunks in oily gravy. Sad they have announced there gonna stop flying the vulcan after next season. Wrong decision if u ask me

I assume that this is the Great Walls Hobby Vulcan that was on the forum a while back? Can't believe that there would be two much as I would like that! Cybermodeller was showing this as a Nov 2012 release - when is it likely to be available in the UK and at what price??

John

There is some discussion on ARC regarding the alleged GWH Vulcan. I think I agree that Brett Green on HS might have misinterpreted some announcements. I don't know of any official announcement from GWH of a Vulcan, and I suspect the Pit Road kit is what was being referenced. It's also possible that Pit Road is being tooled by GWH, and much like the Monochrome/Trumpeter tie-ins (1/72 F-107, etc), it may be the same kit in two boxes. Either way, I'm doing the happy dance!!

:)

I see that on the Hannants website the Vulcan is shown as 1:200 scale yet with the picture that has appeared on the Forum! Mysterious or a mistake by Hannants? I also see that the price on the weblink above is $37 (with the same picture)and the manufacturer is PitRoad and in 1:144 scale. But as long as we get a decent Vulcan in 1:144 at a reasonable price who cares where it comes from!

John

I think the GWH kit is the same kit released in Japan under the Pit-Road label that was talked about above...

Again, see here: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10195496

Not sure what you mean... Have you seen something firm and incontrovertible that says GWH is doing a 1/144 Vulcan? I've seen no mention of anything official except for Pit Road.

i just had a look at that link and it has the same photos for the pit road vulcan i cant wait. i also can highly recomend the 1/200 scale one but this is from dragon models i have built two so far this im my 1/200 dragon xh558 doing a power climb.

xh558climbinanger_zpse0edb151.jpg

Incredibly, my kit arrived in today's mail!! Door to door from Tokyo to rural southwest Virginia inside of 72 hours. Say what you will, I *LOVE* the USPS! Not only that, I had a voice mail when I got home from the acting postmaster telling me the package had arrived, and if I needed her to, she'd stay past 5:15 this evening so I could pick it up. Go ahead and diss the USPS if you want to, but name me another company that would have done that.

Now, on to the good stuff. This may well be the single best 1/144 military jet model ever done IMHO. The surface detail has to be seen to be believed. I stuck the upper and lower wing/fuselage halves together using the substantial locating pins, and the fit was so good (the seams literally disappear) that I wasn't sure I was going to get them apart. Amazing.

From everything I can see, the kit is just about spot-on the money. I can't wait to see their Blue Steel/Olympus 301 variant. I'll need at least three of each!

Now Mr. Pit Road-san, about that 1/144 B-52D/E/F??? smile.gif

Buy with confidence!

J

PS: My weekend project is getting decals ginned up for this baby! Stay tuned for more info.

fantastic im still awaiting my 2 to turn up and i hear what you say about needing 3 of each. i realise by saying this im probs pushing my luck and theres probs a better chance of me winning the lottery but i would love to see them tool up a b1 variant or hopefully someone can manufacture a mod kit for b1 wings tail cone types exausts etc. eitherway im still shocked we have a new vulcan kit. im really supprised airfix has not give us a new tool one yet. then i guess if your still selling the old ones then why bother

Pity about the scale??? That's like ordering gnocchi with truffles and saying "Pity it's not a juicy steak". :)

:lol:

Would that be 1/144 scale Gnocchi?? :lol:

Sorry Jennings! I've never liked 1/144 scale.Too small for my aging eyes & clumsy fingers! ( I DO love Gnocchi though!!).

Allan