Klemm Kl.35 (1/72 Huma) +++ FINISHED +++

CliffB

Have to say it looks much nicer in the Swedish AF colours.

I agree Col - although a colourful 'sunray' civil scheme on the decal sheet is also very tempting!

Cliff

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to think about making a start on this one (I don't like to rush things :sleep_1: )

The kit is very simple and on the whole quite nicely moulded.

P1080539_zps0cf9f1ab.jpg

The decal sheet provides six options:

two 'fledgling Luftwaffe' machines with civilian codes (one o/a silver the other o/a RLM 63)

two mottled wartime Luftwaffe aircraft

a red/yellow/black sunray scheme for a 1985 German civilian aircraft

the Swedish military trainer

P1080540_zps863f18d3.jpg

Three undercarriage options are provided: spatted wheels, un-spatted wheels or skis.

I think I will take the opportunity to use the skis. I'll need to do a little research into exactly what they looked like as I'm sure they will incorporate bungees etc., which are not shown in the kit instructions.

To add a bit more interest, I'm also planning to put a little extra into the cockpits and then open the doors to allow it to be seen. Again, I need to do a bit more research - I don't even know what colour the interior is..... :winkgrin:

Cheers

Cliff

Thats a really nice looking Kit !!Peter

Thanks Peter :)

I will follow this build. I got a flight in one of these as a birthday gift so I bought the same kit.

Björn - I'm jealous! :jealous:

Cheers

Cliff

• 2 months later...

Stung into action by Roland's timely reminder that the end of the GB is only a few days away!

Unfortunately, it looks like my grand plans to open up the cockpit doors, and detail up the interior, will have to be abandoned   :(

On the up side, my last two builds have been limited run resins, so it will be a nice bit of modelling detox to do a quick OOB build of a simple kit like the Klemm.  :)

This morning I've made a start and completed the cockpits.  I've added some framework and some PE harnesses as a couple of 'large bang, low buck' enhancements.

P1080595_zpsd057e256.jpg

I'm looking forward to the orange paint!

Cliff

The major parts are now on, revealing the svelte lines of the diminutive trainer!

P1080596_zps94758eca.jpg

There's a little bit of tidying up to do on the joints, but overall the fit of the parts was pretty good.

Cheers

Cliff

It's been tangoed...

P1080598_zps5ea8c068.jpg

Looking at colour photos of preserved Swedish Klemms shows a variety of shades of orange.  Whether the restorers have used different paint, or whether its just a trick of the photography, I don't know.  Fortunately, the one bottle of acrylic orange that I happen to have (Vallejo Light Orange), appears to be a reasonable match to the photo in my opening post in this thread, so I was happy to go with it.

Cheers

Cliff

Edited by CliffB

Thanks you for your comments Maxidad and Col.

I think this GB has produced more than its fair share of 'curious little aircraft'!  :)

I'm thankfully well on course now to complete this one over the weekend...

P1080604_zpsb85be4e1.jpg

I've used Tamiya Black Green for the fuselage.  Possibly a tad too dark, but looks great in the flesh with the orange.  The white markings should contrast well too, assuming that the decals are up to the job!

Watch this space.

Cliff

It's finished - complete with snow!

P1080611_zps8a9471ee.jpg

There are more photos in the gallery.

The decals turned out to be fine (good colour density), although the printing is slightly out of register giving the 'ghosting' you can see on the larger numerals.

Other than that, a very trouble free build.  

Thanks for watching and commenting.

Cliff