Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Recommended Posts

Made a start on this fighter and first thing i noticed is how small it is. I also noticed that the instructions are not for a novice.

The internal parts were sprayed raf internal green as a closest match

003.jpg

Fuselage cemented together

004.jpg

Then the wings using a band to aapply dihedral and to narrow the gap in the wing root.

005.jpg

The engine mount was bruashed with SnJ's polishing powder and then cemented in place. Cowling was also painted hu78.

006.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could you easily fit the dashboard ? i am having trouble finding a place for it... not much room in cockpit..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice start!

Be careful when you fit the engine and cowling. The fit is not the greatest and you will end up with a "nose up" attitude otherwise.

The J22 is one of my favourite aircrafts. We have one of the three preserved planes at our museum.

This is "Röd Kalle". It's engine is working but it's not permitted to fly.

078.jpg

The front end of the cowling is not correct for a J22. It's actually borrowed from a Seversky P-35A (J9 in Swedish Air Force)!

Andreas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could you easily fit the dashboard ? i am having trouble finding a place for it... not much room in cockpit..

It wasnt easy and as you say there is no real home for it. I filed it slightly to fit in the curves of the inner fuselage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some progress on the little fighter but i realised this was nearly two weeks ago, time flies.

Anyway, I airbrushed her with tamiya XF-61 and XF-19.

001-1.jpg

Then the canopy was hand brushed and affixed.

003-1.jpg

Underside Camo.

002-1.jpg

U/C Affixed using the pics in Pabbis build. and prop cemented together to see how she fitted.

004-1.jpg

Prop painted ready for decals.

005-2.jpg

Edited by Hardtarget

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant belie3ve its been over a month since I last posted progress, especially when there wasnt a lot left to do.

Anyway she is complete and ready to move onto the next AC.

J22B Vid 1: a divisionen F8 Varen 1946

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

Edited by Hardtarget

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...