GB Chat

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all. Having just finished my Interwar Group Build entry, so can I come and join this party? I have an old ESCI 1:48 Viggen in the stash - not sure what scheme I would use. A reconditioned version of the kit original, making the new decals myself?

Icarus

Slight change of plan, due to an equipment shortage (I have managed to "lose" my ESCI Viggen in a tragic flat moving organisational mishap..). Instead, shall be building the Airfix 1:72 Spitfire PR XIX in Swedish Air Force colours, out of the box (apart from maybe some Eduard goodies depending on how my internet shopping session goes tonight..)

Icarus

Edited by Icarus

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I can only speek for my self, but i would welcome some extra time.

I can probebly get close to finish in 10 (9) days but i wouldn't like to do rush job at the end and not be satisfied with the result.

Johan

• Like 1

With the extension, I have at least a snowballs chance in hell to get somewhere.. Just a quick question, if I don't finish, will I have walk down the Path of Shame of will something really terrible happen? :shutup:

Sadly we are in to the last 2 days of the GB; formal closure is midnight tomorrow (Sun 27th). Well done to all those who have done so much, so successfully,.

And no Z Aviator, there won't be a path of shame for those who cannot complete on time (mainly because despite my best efforts work simply has got in my way in trying to get my build finished) but I do hope those still building will make an effort to finish their kits and post images in the GB section.

Good luck for the last 2 days building everyone.

Well that's it team, Swedish Military GB sadly comes to an end. I would like to thank all those that decided to join in and who at least started models for this GB and a very well done to all those that started AND finished their kits (and apologies from me for for not finishing my build even though I was the host :blush: and originally suggested this GB).

For those that started but didn't quite finish, please do post pictures of your finished model when it eventually completes, even if that is a future KUTA GB :whistle:

I will create a little poll for all those that finished. :clap: :clap: No voting for your own model though :winkgrin:

Edited by Roland Pulfrew

How utterly utterly stupid of me, I was sure the extension was until the last of January. :-/

I've been holding off final satin coat because the weather has been freezing, and I have to open my window to paint. I've been waiting for a expected warmer spell which just has arrived, and I thought it no problem since there was plenty of time... Oh well. You live and learn.