GB Chat

Just as a bit of a reminder, here is a list of those who said they were interested in participating. I have PM'd everyone but haven't heard from many. If anyone has contact with any of those on the list, please give them a nudge :fight:

1. Roland Pulfrew - TBN

2. Dr Dave - TBN

3. Andrew - Draken or Viggen

4. Busdriver - TBN

5. Azgaron - TBN

6. Deon - J22

7. Paul - Viggen

8. Col - TBN

9. Denstore - Winter War (?) Gladiator

10. Worm - Hkp 3 and Hkp 9 and an Hkp 5

11. Wayne - SAAB J29F

12. Cliff - Klemm 35 and/or a Bucker 181

13. Will - Hansa S5A

14. Enzo - Viggen or Draken

15. Hythe - J34

16. Grufsnik - TBN

17. Tim Dix - 1/144 resin Draken, Lansen and Tunnan

18. Ian M - TBN

19. Radleigh - 1/48 SAAB Viggen

20. Splinter - 1/48 SAAB Viggen

21. Savenosouls - 1/72 SAAB J21

22. Mop - TBN

23. Wyverns4 - SAAB J21A & R

24. Mikkel (?) - TBN

25. PaulR - Gripen

26. Z Aviator - Lansen

27. ChrisRope - TBN

28. RNoAF Aerobatic Team - Visby Class Corvette

29. HardTarget - TBN

30. CanDid - Draken or Viggen

31. Zhaith - Gripen

32. Ragnar - SAAB 17 &/or SAAB J22

33. Wizball - TBN

34. Flarpen - TBN

35. oldhouse - CV9040

Anyone else?

I've got other builds underway at the moment - but am planning to build the Viggen I mentioned.

Heller 1/72 Viggen kit that cost me a whole pound at the 1999 Telford Nationals.

I've also acquired decals for for the JA-37 that flew its final missions with blue/yellow leading edges.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon
  • Like 1

Definately still going ahead with the gripen, i'm away at the weekend so i'll probably take photo's of the unboxing in the next day or so and post them, shame i'm not going to be able to start it until early next week ho hum

Busy with the What-if GB and trying finish another long-term project but still up for this one. Choice is down to either the Heller SAAB 21A or Hasegawa SAAB J-35O Drakken. Both are 72nd but the Drakken was started long ago so may need an opinion from you on the 25% rule for that one.

I see you've already got a Will on the list, but if it's not too confusing can I join in too? I've got two kits in mind:

Academy CV9040

Hasegawa Danish Draken

I'm leaning towards the former, but maybe the GB will convince me to at least make a start on the latter.

(If two Wills is one Will two many you can always call me Bruce!)

Cheers,

Will

Will

I am sure we can cope with 2 Wills. As it happens you might be the only Will who particpates. Welcome aboard, and if I had a say, go for the CV9040, we already have a lot of Drakens proposed (although I'm not sure if anyone is doing a Danish version). You could always do both!!! ;)

Hi

I'd like to have this kit looked over by the GB Mods. It is the Matchbox Saab Viggen 2 seater which I have started as follows-

-Blasted with Halfords finest primer

-Intakes stuck to fuse halves

-Wings glued

-Canopies dipped and masked

-Basic cockpit floor glued in one side (it had none before, just pegs for the seats)

-Exhaust assembled and given a coat of Humbrol 53

3195FC90-D9D8-4F39-B814-A318BF77BA36-10542-000008DFE447F837.jpg

29B5234F-8352-487F-A2A9-2C67FD532DB8-10542-000008DFDB26DAFF.jpg

Will I get away with it under the 25% rule? With everything else I have on the go, I don't have the space and time to start another kit for this GB. I hope this will be OK as it will also give me the impetus to get it finished

Cheers

Chris

Hi

I'd like to have this kit looked over by the GB Mods. It is the Matchbox Saab Viggen 2 seater which I have started as follows-

-Blasted with Halfords finest primer

-Intakes stuck to fuse halves

-Wings glued

-Canopies dipped and masked

-Basic cockpit floor glued in one side (it had none before, just pegs for the seats)

-Exhaust assembled and given a coat of Humbrol 53

Will I get away with it under the 25% rule?

Cheers

Chris

Chris. There doesn't appear to be too much in the way of serious construction only preparation and a bit of light painting, so I am happy to say that it meets the GB rules. Please feel free to start a build topic.

• Like 1

Chris. There doesn't appear to be too much in the way of serious construction only preparation and a bit of light painting, so I am happy to say that it meets the GB rules. Please feel free to start a build topic.

Thats great, glad it can be included for the GB.

When I can get into the loft, i'm going to see if there are any spare parts from my Heller Viggen that I can use. This should add to the unmade parts count.

Cheers

Chris

Morning all. Just a quick heads up that this particular host is leaving the country for a few days, so I maybe offline for a while. Will be back next week though so please keep the builds going. If anyone has contact with any of those that signed up for the GB but haven't yet made an appearance in here, please feel free to give them a nudge. I fear we may have lost a few because of the long wait between original idea and actual start. Look forward to monitoring progress from afar, but alas my build won't progress for a few days

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 1/72 Italeri Gripen, but... I would like to build it with the Czech Air Force colours. Is it allowed? If yes, I will be glad to join this GB.

Rule 5 says In addition Swedish manufactured equipment in foreign service is permitted (ie a Gripen in Thai or South African colours).

Your build certainly qualifies.

• 2 weeks later...

Re-joining you with this Heller Saab J-21A.

Donated to me as an end og GB raffle prize, I'll put it to good use.

Saab-J21001.jpg

Hoping to scratch missile shoes for the Viggen, and finish that off this weekend.

I've seen photos of Viggens with green Sidewinders and Skyflash - they look great!